• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Getting messed around with OOA? to many bed nights away I'm a single space of time?

Hello

I have a question about a friend who is a rigger. The main question is how many days away do you need to do before you to the bottom of the OOA list? And is it consecutive days or days in chunks added together over a year say.

Basically he went to the Falklands for 3 months. UK for 3 weeks. Then Falklands again for 2 months. UK for Christmas then OOA again 6 weeks later to mindhad for 3 months, UK for 7 weeks then minhad again for another 2 months and back next week.

Is he getting messed around?

Thanks!

ScoobTech

Sergeant
Depends, to stop him being DWR'd by manning then 90 days in a rolling 12 month period gives you a credit. If he is with a platform then it might be force HQ or more importantly his management who are sending him away that often as a formed unit detachment, and they can send him as often as they like.

Robby

Corporal
Find a Clerk!

Find a Clerk!

Have the clerks been recording his nights away correctly? I was on a job which was in effect an 'On the road job' but was never established that way so 256 days away from the Unit in a year - resulted in an OOA! On speaking to the desk it was purely because the days away/nights out of bed had not been recorded correctly, well worth checking- and also asking about harmony- a constant shifting sand!