• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Game of nails any1?

I

irishlogster

Was anyone sober enuff to remember the proper rules of "nails" I remember some of em but then it all goes blurry....... Ta

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Aaaaah nails. I love that game. Its a favourite in Kabul for stiching up C130 co's....................................Much free beer

O

Oh sir

Rules?

Basic ones were:

Stand round log. One nail each. Tray of milk schnapps on standby.

Each player is allowed 2 "positioning taps" to seat their nail.

Player 1 goes first. Sharp side of hammer only, one strike.

Go round table in order.

If any player gets his nail bent somehow, he may use his turn to hit it straight.

First player to fully seat the nail head into the log wins.

All other players yam schnapps, loser with the longest nail left gets the next tray in, and the new nails.

Repeat until bladdered.

(There were many variations, but that's yer basics from what I remember)

I

irishlogster

Cheers Oh Sir,
Thought that was it.. better not tell me mrs that if she misses the nail flashing her jubblies int one of the rules then......

O

Oh sir

okay OS I'll bite which bit of the hammer is sharp!!!!!!!!

Sorry Tin. I don't work with tools so I don't know the technical term. (Well, one or two tools, but that's for another thread).

I mean the bit that pulls nails out of planks, the split part.

And yes Red Rock, I learned the game in the same academy as you....

Kevins Nails and milk scnapps school, (Incorporating Club Rose sex instruction college across the road) 1990 to 94.

We found an interesting version, even further North than ISK at Bardufoss.

NVG Nails involves a pierced cyalume, poured over nail and hammer head.

Turn off the lights and you have an awsome variant of an old favourite.

Gets all over your clothes, so "naked" NVG nails became the norm.

:pDT_Xtremez_08:

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Sorry Tin. I don't work with tools so I don't know the technical term. (Well, one or two tools, but that's for another thread).

I mean the bit that pulls nails out of planks, the split part.

And yes Red Rock, I learned the game in the same academy as you....

Kevins Nails and milk scnapps school, (Incorporating Club Rose sex instruction college across the road) 1990 to 94.
Was at LBH from 90-93 so we may well have played on the same log:raf: :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
A ME(A)S LBH we played with Herman's Square Hammer with a "Chisel" end at the rear.
The game was played using the chisel end - not the Flat end!
Skating off the side caused 'sparkies' and often caused the Nail to fly from the wood - not allowed in today H&S world.
If I remember rightly, the head of the nail had to be cklassed as flush or below the adjoining surface.
Try proving that when your Pished!

Oh, and I used to win quite often!

E

exerk

Was at LBH from 90-93 so we may well have played on the same log:raf: :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Got there in November 93 so while I probably missed you (I know, control the breathing and squeeze the trigger... :pDT_Xtremez_19: ) I may well have been 'nailed' by OS.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
A fantastic game, tried to get it implemented in Timmy's @ MPA but the new generation of Liney's couldn't really get their heads round 'Spoons' let alone that as well.

I remember playing it with the centre of the hammer drilled out, so you only had the edge to bang the things in. Tons of sparkage! :D

Last time I proper played it was @ Colt. One of my mates managed to well and truly smash his thumb flat! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

6 months later he was having his photo taken whilst he signed up with his newly beloved wife at the registry office. The photog picked up on his thumb which was still a right mess and politely asked him to tuck it away out of sight! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
There was a mate of mine back in RAFG who could bang them in with a couple of hits. After winning every game he let on he was an apprentice carpenter. And I was broke!