• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funeral music ?

Webbo

Sergeant
Already spoken with Mrs Webbo, going through the curtain to............

'I am The Ressurection' by The Stone Roses

shettie

Flight Sergeant
The benny hill theme on the way in
Jaws on the way out....

Or this on the way out :) :

Serious? then this:

and this:

Last edited:
Funnily enough, this popped into my head the other day. I'd decided on Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms, but when I listened to it in that context I was welling up myself!
Not really fair to put friends and family through that I feel.......

Maybe just go with "wish me luck as you wave me goodbye......"

ScoobTech

Sergeant
My missus has already said she will pick something that reminds her of me, and that will most probably be Block Rocking Beats by The Chemical Brothers.

L

Little Tronk

For me it will 'we wanna have fun' by Andrew WK (Theme tune to the first Jackass movie) wife has already been instructed and there will be a bottle of spicey on the alter to slug from as the guest walks out!

fatal

Corporal
The serious options

Broadsword - Jethro Tull
Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
Blue Oyster Cult - Dont fear the reaper

the fun ones -

Dixie chicks - not ready to make nice & tom petty - wont back down - cos im a cantankerous fcuker
AC/DC - hells bells - thats where im off to
Chris de Burgh - Dont pay the ferryman

YMCA - Village People - a cheery one to finish with (and one to raise a grin for those who remember me doing the full monty to it at brampton - for charridy !)

Bruckner's 7th - 1st movement.
Nimrod - Enigma variations OP36.
Adagio for Strings - Albioni

Agnes Dei - Samuel Barber
Canon in D Major - Pachelbel
Jump Around - House of Pain

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
A mixed bag...

A mixed bag...

Having given it some thought there are a number of tunes I'd like played at different periods throughout the day.

I see me being dead as being upsetting for some people (and I'd probably be a bit annoyed about it as well) so I'd go for the traditional Church service, burial in the family plot and all that kind of thing.

First of all, whilst being carried into the Church I'd have Barbers 'Adagio for Strings' playing

At some point during the service I'd also like Justin Hayward's 'Forever Autumn'... I've loved that tune since hearing it on the War of the Worlds album as a nipper.

[video=youtube;hsCdlX-5UjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCdlX-5UjE[/video]

and if I needed an extra filler I'd go for a little known song by a little known group... All I know by Karnivool (especially for the line "Hey is this the end... of all I know")

Whilst being carried out of the church I'd like something a bit triumphal... so I'd go for Ennio Moricone's 'Ecstasy of Gold'

[video=youtube;ZNGe7iK1O-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGe7iK1O-4[/video]

However; once everyone retires to the 'Last Beer call' I'd want it to be a celebration of me and remembering the fun times. I want people to smile... and remember that I wasn't always a B'stard.

People would have to dress in bright clothing (or anything but Black) and I'd want some decent music on as well. So I'd create a playlist including such greats as...

Going Underground by The Jam
Rock the Casbah by The Clash
Paradise City, Knocking on Heaven's Door, Garden of Eden and a few others from Guns and Roses
Die with your Boot on, The Trooper, Infinite Dreams, Only the Good Die Young and a few others from Iron Maiden
... and I'd also include some funny stuff such as 'Richard Cheese', 'Bloodhound Gang' and 'Lonely Island'

I'd also like for it to be a free bar and employ a free taxi driver... so there would be no excuses! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB