• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funeral Help Wanted - Death of an RAF Veteran.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Copied straight from the thread on ARRSE,

Hi everyone,

I work in Environmental Health for Solihull Council and I'm after some help please. A 76 year old man has recently died in Solihull and despite making enquiries we've not been able to find any relatives or friends. No arrangements have yet been made for his funeral.

From searching his home we believe he served a full career in the RAF in an engineering role, and appeared to be very proud of his service. We know little more than that.

Under the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984 the Council is now responsible for organising his funeral, what is sometimes known as a paupers funeral.

We've contacted a number of organisations for help, including SPVA and RAFA. They've been less than helpful. It would be very sad if he is allowed to pass with a funeral that nobody attends and without any recognition of his service.

I'm aware that some associations will provide support such as standards, pallbearers, and even attendance by a serving unit, but so far we've had no luck.

Are any of you able to offer any advice or contacts?

Many thanks,

James

Lets give this fellow Airman the send off he deserves.
Spike

LilStill

Sergeant
I've been in touch with RAFA HQ about this and, through them, put SW RAFA HQ in touch with James at Solihull Council. Hopefully that should generate some RAFA attendance at the very least. Solihull's reasonable for me, so I'll pop down if I can, once the details are announced.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
I've been in touch with RAFA HQ about this and, through them, put SW RAFA HQ in touch with James at Solihull Council. Hopefully that should generate some RAFA attendance at the very least. Solihull's reasonable for me, so I'll pop down if I can, once the details are announced.

I've contacted a mate thru FB who's an instructor at Cosford,see if they can get a guard of honor.