• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fuel shortages

It couldn't get much worse in nu labours Britain could it .......

BP has warned that the Forties North Sea pipeline will have to be shut down if this weekend's Grangemouth oil refinery strike goes ahead.

A two-day strike at Grangemouth will start on Sunday
The development came as a Government minister said he could not guarantee that motorists would be able to fill up at garages during the two-day strike.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
It couldn't get much worse in nu labours Britain could it .......

BP has warned that the Forties North Sea pipeline will have to be shut down if this weekend's Grangemouth oil refinery strike goes ahead.

A two-day strike at Grangemouth will start on Sunday
The development came as a Government minister said he could not guarantee that motorists would be able to fill up at garages during the two-day strike.

Some garages here ran out yesterday due to panic buying :pDT_Xtremez_25:

norfolkred1

Sergeant
This could be the start of further action around the Country if the powers that be give in. But don't despair there is always the forces to rely on to get the Country working again, Blah, Blah, Blah. Wake up there is nobody left to keep the home fires burning

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
I was in Glasgow yesterday
Passed 3 Garages 1 was empty and closed the other two had £20 limits

It may be that BP might not open the Grangemouth site due to start up and shut down cost if these guys are going to strike

As an example I used to work for a firm where a total plant shuntdown cost £55000 and likewise to start it back up time you do checks, divert production etc

So if there is a possibility that they might strike next week and it costs BP £1 million just to start and stop it they may think on and leave it shut for a few days and the Goverment wil probably have to force the workers back in to work

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
According to BBC news yesterday, some garages are charging £1.35 a litre, robbing b*stards!

Unfortunately it's supply and demand

Garage owners will still have to pay their bills even if they are shut for a week so they will charge high now problem is it may never drop back down

£1 a litre was the mythical barrier once that was broken it was a free for all
Questions will be asked at £1 50 but then it will be a free for all until £2.00 and it will come

AgentTiro

LAC
Cost my sisters boyfriend £1.47 a litre for unleaded on friday in north yorkshire! Not sure the exact location but it was one of those last stop for a fair few mile jobbies in some backward village

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I see no problem with a fuel shortage. I have just donned my Mad Max outfit and am off to Hijack the first tanker I come across. The age of the road warrior is upon us.... (Oops just been watching crap 80's films:pDT_Xtremez_15: )

At the rate fuel prices are going up there's going to have to be guards on it soon anyway, how much is a tanker of petrol worth nowadays? At 1.25 a liter you're near enough 42,500 pounds thats a lot of dosh.

There are 8 major refineries in the UK and surely they must at certain points in their lifetimes reduce output for maintenance so whats the problem? As far as I can see it's just the petrol boys making a mountain out of a molehill to force prices up.
The pipeline problem may cause difficulties as it's the only link.

(Just done the tanker thing anybody want to buy 34000 litres of semi-skimmed :pDT_Xtremez_42: )

Shugster

Warrant Officer
According to BBC news yesterday, some garages are charging £1.35 a litre, robbing b*stards!

I don't know if you remember the last shortage.

Some places were charging 5 quid a LITRE!

And people with company credit cards were paying it!
:pDT_Xtremez_35:

As others have said, Supply and demand.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
The ASDA not more than 150 yards from me still has fuel at £1.06 for unleaded and £1.16 for dieseasel. Not bad given the current state of affairs.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Tesco Bridgend had diesel at 119.9 :pDT_Xtremez_17:
U/L is about 10p cheaper.

profiteering barstewards. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
That's normal prices for Hampshire nowadays, we do tend to have a better class of people here though.::p:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
That's normal prices for Hampshire nowadays, we do tend to have a better class of people here though.::p:

Are you classing the French as a better class of person?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

About 110 yesterday but they closed the forecourt to change the price as i was leaving....bet it was up:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
At the rate fuel prices are going up there's going to have to be guards on it soon anyway, how much is a tanker of petrol worth nowadays? At 1.25 a liter you're near enough 42,500 pounds thats a lot of dosh.

With about 65% going to the Treasury (27K ish). Robbing cnuts. :pDT_Xtremez_32: