• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FS-WO Board 2013

After seeing the prediction for this years board, due to sit in July of a possible 10 FS to WO, i have heard a rumour that this is grossly underestimated and the actual number could rise to as high as 18. Has anybody else heard this or can anybody blow this rumour out of the water.would be interesting if they did promote 18 after making a certain number redundant last year.

Digzster

Sergeant
Don't know if this is true or not, but don't care now as I pushed the button.

Good luck to those still trying to fill the dead man's shoes!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I guess you just have to wait for white smoke emitting from the Sgt's Mess chimney, like everyone else.

Cashew

LAC
After seeing the prediction for this years board, due to sit in July of a possible 10 FS to WO, i have heard a rumour that this is grossly underestimated and the actual number could rise to as high as 18. Has anybody else heard this or can anybody blow this rumour out of the water.would be interesting if they did promote 18 after making a certain number redundant last year.

Heard the same similar rumour yesterday, apparently it will go above what was expected....not sure to what though!

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Proabably went the way of the rest of the Ex-TG3s I guess including me. Past the stage of caring and plotting retirement from the RAF and a new career in the rank of MR with as much of their pension intact as feasibly possible!!!

Kingpin

SAC
Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't this thread titled FS-WO board 2013? I only ask because it seems that almost every TG4 post, particularly those that discuss promotion in any way, gets quickly hijacked by someone who feels the need to tell us how how great being a Mr is!

Perhaps it's time for a sticky thread along those lines. At least that way you could all sod off and bleat to your hearts content in one place.

I for one and quite happy with the low pay, lack of respect and slow promotion that all these civvies keep reminding me the RAF currently offers.

Returning to the thread, I phoned and it seems I'm slightly wide of the mark this year but, to be honest, I was happy just knowing I was at least read. Maybe next year! Good luck to everyone involved.

Cashew

LAC
Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't this thread titled FS-WO board 2013? I only ask because it seems that almost every TG4 post, particularly those that discuss promotion in any way, gets quickly hijacked by someone who feels the need to tell us how how great being a Mr is!

Perhaps it's time for a sticky thread along those lines. At least that way you could all sod off and bleat to your hearts content in one place.

I for one and quite happy with the low pay, lack of respect and slow promotion that all these civvies keep reminding me the RAF currently offers.

Returning to the thread, I phoned and it seems I'm slightly wide of the mark this year but, to be honest, I was happy just knowing I was at least read. Maybe next year! Good luck to everyone involved.

Kingpin.....I salute you...bloody well said! I don't suppose you know how many they have stated for immediate release do you?

Cashew

LAC
Cheers mate. And 3 have been released for immediate use. Did you fair well?

Lol not in the running, I was asking as I am in the mix for the rank/board below this one, hopefully 3 releases off this one may mean they release 3 off the sgt-FS list!

Kingpin

SAC
Lol not in the running, I was asking as I am in the mix for the rank/board below this one, hopefully 3 releases off this one may mean they release 3 off the sgt-FS list!

I like your thinking mate. So I take are you one of the chosen few in a decent position then? Good luck mate.

Cashew

LAC
I like your thinking mate. So I take are you one of the chosen few in a decent position then? Good luck mate.

I'm in the top ten, they have used 6 so far so really hoping that the FS-WO board now opens up the chance to use a few more of the sgt-FS list.........my logical thinking may not be the case though as I have heard that the trade has lost a few posts of late?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't this thread titled FS-WO board 2013? I only ask because it seems that almost every TG4 post, particularly those that discuss promotion in any way, gets quickly hijacked by someone who feels the need to tell us how how great being a Mr is! Perhaps it's time for a sticky thread along those lines. At least that way you could all sod off and bleat to your hearts content in one place. I for one and quite happy with the low pay, lack of respect and slow promotion that all these civvies keep reminding me the RAF currently offers. Returning to the thread, I phoned and it seems I'm slightly wide of the mark this year but, to be honest, I was happy just knowing I was at least read. Maybe next year! Good luck to everyone involved.
Its about time somebody stood up for us - that unlike the majority actually enjoy the job, want to be in the job, dont worry about cross referencing pay scales in civvie street, enjoy the banter and the knowledge that you are doing something that benefits not just the forces but the country as a whole. Have a little pride in the uniform and what it means and stands for!!!ok Rant over.I too am hoping that this FS-WO board, the immediate released stated has a knock on effect to the Sgt-FS board (head down - crack on - no good moaning - what will be will be)

Last edited:
S

Spammy2505

Its about time somebody stood up for us -

Good point DBNO.

This is a genuine question.... Who do we expect to stand up for us?

Our civilian co-workers have their Unions but who do we turn to... PSF... PMA.... RAFA.... SSAFA??

On Topic.. I hope it works out well for those who deserve it!

Spamout

Cashew

LAC
Good point DBNO.

On Topic.. I hope it works out well for those who deserve it!

Spamout

Hi Spammy, judging if someone deserves promotion will always be a difficult one because it is your own opinion of that person, did he or she deserve it?

I think you will always find that someone somewhere will say "how the hell did he/she get promoted?" these statements come out due to the persons own experience of that other person and also due to the fact that people will always see more value in themselves and rightly concluded that they are worthy or more deserving of promotion.

I know of one person out of the first initial 3 to be assured of promotion to WO of this board, and in my opinion he is deserving and will make a cracking WO, I generally find that in most cases when you start getting to the level of FS and WO promotion boards you see the right people getting promoted....not always true....in my opinion!

I know of one person out of the first initial 3 to be assured of promotion to WO of this board, and in my opinion he is deserving and will make a cracking WO, !
I have to echo those sentiments entirly - generally once the dizzy heights of FS and/or WO are reached i dont believe there are many who would complain about who has been promoted.at FS and WO level there are so few slots being made available that the battle is intense and only the strongest will survive.on a lighter note any more rumours as to if they are going to release any more in the near future. I did hear through the grape vine that there is a possibilty of another two being released mid to end of Aug. Can anybody clarify this?