• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FS Pay Progression Beyond OR7-6

4everAD

Sergeant
Can someone confirm that non TG1 FS's can go beyond OR7-6 pay point i.e. to OR8-1? I only ask as the Pension Calculator shows me stopping at point OR7-6 even though I serve beyond that point, is that just a glitch in the Calculator?

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
I thought OR8 was WO2 Army ie FS RAF wouldn't move to OR8 and would top out at OR7-6?

Not 100% on this, but will be watching this thread with interest :)

clarklyttle

LAC
Subscriber
As a TG1 FS you should be able to go above OR7-6 as I had acting FS rank for a while and was paid the OR7-7 rate and I have confirmed this with a pay statement on Defence gateway from that period. I no longer have access to JSP but the pay one states that the highest a CT could go was OR7-6 but FS could go higher.

4everAD

Sergeant
Agreed TG1 FSs can go through OR8-1 and TG1 CTs are barred from going to OR8-1 but what about non TG1 FSs? There is no bar in the JSP but the Pension Calculator stops me at OR7-6.

4everAD

Sergeant
Yeah clear on that table (not so much on others I've seen). It was the pension calculator that started me second guessing, maybe it isn't that clever. If so then that's good news as I'd never noticed it before and it should mean a slightly better pension/lump sum than I expected. I guess we'll see next year when I hit my increment date.