• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Free

S

sammy28

painters free to a good home. tony blair is givig away 150ish painters free to a loving hope or work house

many cant work due to being sick...the rest WONT work we will make good pets as long as we can do wot eva we want ie drink and smoke weed
:pDT_Xtremez_34: we dont have any loyalty to the RAF as thay have SACKED us all (for those who didnt know ,we is gone so no more painted shoes and when u scratch ur cars or bikes the civvies tht are replacing us wont do it)

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!
another old school trade bites the dust you have my sympathies coming from an ex switch b1tch!

I was quite gutted when they said you were all going (and more than a little surprised). I'll miss the late night paint bans in base hangar :'(
and the cute (imho) girlie they have here. Was there a decent package? And is there anyscope for working for the no doubt serco based contractor package?

O

Oh sir

so no more painted shoes and when u scratch ur cars or bikes the civvies tht are replacing us wont do it)

Oh yes they bloody will. And they do. Our Serco civvy painter (Ex RAF) does em for £3 a pair.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
painters free to a good home. tony blair is givig away 150ish painters free to a loving hope or work house

many cant work due to being sick...the rest WONT work we will make good pets as long as we can do wot eva we want ie drink and smoke weed
:pDT_Xtremez_34: we dont have any loyalty to the RAF as thay have SACKED us all (for those who didnt know ,we is gone so no more painted shoes and when u scratch ur cars or bikes the civvies tht are replacing us wont do it)

If you fancy earning £25 (tax free mind) the front of my house could do with a coat of white gloss

Give us a shout if you're up for it

Hu

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Oh yes they bloody will. And they do. Our Serco civvy painter (Ex RAF) does em for £3 a pair.

£1.79 for a tin of Kiwi...50p for a new orange duster...personal pride = priceless.

Gor bless the queen...sniff...

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
£1.79 for a tin of Kiwi...50p for a new orange duster...personal pride = priceless.

Gor bless the queen...sniff...

Like you never had yours done by "top shop's", an old pal of mine used to do the flexane toe caps for a decent price.

D

dodgysootie

I bet you'll miss that extra cash from all the jobs you did in works time?

W

Wannoscrew

'Kin What???

'Kin What???

As an ex-Dopey Brush myself, can someone please tell me what's going on? If I'm reading rightly, the trade group of PTR/FNR is finished - WHY!!! Do they really want civvies to do it?

It was one of the most highly paid SAC jobs to be in so it must be about money. I remember being just £45 pounds a month short of the GD Sgt in the guardroom. What about the guys that don't want to leave (there can't be many, but maybe some) are they being remustered to what was the sister trade group, the parachute packers!

Why are'nt there more painters on this forum talking about it and sharing tales of woe?

This makes me remember the days of sitting in 55sqn's crewroom and saying that it's the start of the end. Not only did Her Majesty's Royal Air Force start using French made civvilian vans to get us around camp and giving us shirts that ripped when you put your arm down one of the sleeves, but we had to go from shed to shed to find a bog with toilet roll in it. It's all about money trust me. Bring back the Cold War and the NI threat.

Lets hope that they don't want a Chinook painted ARTiF (Alkalie Temporary Removable Finish - Desert Pink to those who only came and saw us when you wanted your shoes done for AOC's) in the middle of the night and then 20mins after we have left call us back because the SAS wo are waiting outside to use it say it will be too visible at night, so we have to dull it down with black over spray stripes as quickly as possible. The civvies union wont like that now will they?

On a serious note, the trade of Painter and Doper as it was origionally titled during WWI and WWII when most airframes were made of fabric and had to be dope treated and then painted to provide the structural integrity of the airframe, is one of the oldest and most important trades in the RAF. When things all went metal we bacame known as Painters and Finishers and over the years with technology petered out from just being known as the blokes to get your shoes done.

Expect to see a much scruffier RAF from now on gents, not so much in the air but certainly anything to do with GEF type stuff, ladders and :pDT_Xtremez_42: ::p: vehicles - the Army will laugh at you.

E

exerk

On a serious note, the trade of Painter and Doper as it was origionally titled during WWI and WWII when most airframes were made of fabric and had to be dope treated and then painted to provide the structural integrity of the airframe...

I'm going to sound like ILLBW here, but...

The canvas was just a weather covering and quicker and easier than trying to skin the wings/fuselages with marine ply.

I'll now get me coat and book in to a sad-*******s clinic :pDT_Xtremez_21: