• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Free Tickets for Troops

Looks good, anything for free always looks/sounds/tastes great. Bit concerned about the need to include service no. along with other potentially useful (to the wrong sort of chap) info on the registration form. Any Goaters able to vouch for the safety of this site/service?
Although having just watched the attached video there would be a hell of a scammer to get this list of celebs to endorse it.

Last edited:
I was a bit dubious at first myself when I had to put my service details in.
Did a quick google search and it lookd official enough, the site was launched by David Cameron on the Tory Party Homepage.
Can't be any worse than the Government leaving all of our service details on a train or on the bar in a gay club.

P

pixie

I've just registered, looks good to me. A friend of mine has just booked tickets for a Chelsea game and only had to pay £1 donation.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

C

cokehead27

Also just registered and defo looks like a decent site

Will be appyling for a few things are there i think

Webbo

Sergeant
I was a bit dubious at first myself when I had to put my service details in.
Did a quick google search and it lookd official enough, the site was launched by David Cameron on the Tory Party Homepage.
Can't be any worse than the Government leaving all of our service details on a train or on the bar in a gay club.

When I ordered, on-line, Oasis tickets for their Summer tour and Stereophonics Tickets for October just gone they all came from seetickets.com and I never had any problem.

Just registered, Top find. Thanks.

Last edited:

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Looks great!

Quick question for anybody who has already been lucky enough to get tickets for things from these people, do you get one? or two?

Just wondering if I will be going to stuff as Billy No Mates.

Webbo

Sergeant
Looks great!

Quick question for anybody who has already been lucky enough to get tickets for things from these people, do you get one? or two?

Just wondering if I will be going to stuff as Billy No Mates.

Just tried for the snooker and was offered 1 or 2, you still only pay £1 donation for 1 or 2 tickets as it's charged per order not number of tickets. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
I know this is a completely bone question, but do these discounts still apply AFTER you leave? I know it says "veterans who leave through injury after 2001" but what of those who leave on time-served, etc?

Queen of the South, my local footie team in conjunction with a local guest house owner have given free tickets to matches. The old dear offers a week's recuperation to service personnel who have been injured as a result of action while serving in Afghanistan. Last week there were 11 Royal Marines from 42 Commando staying with Mrs Tobin, who also attended a match, and all seemed to have a good time. Welll done Queens, cost the club nothing but helps give something back to those that have given so much for us. Mrs Tobin deserves a gong for her good work, anyone know how to nominate someone for such an honour?

Tried to get a link to the club website for the story and photo but couldnt get it to work. If anyone is interested you van have a quick look on www.qosfc.com

Mightierthan

Corporal
Queen of the South, my local footie team in conjunction with a local guest house owner have given free tickets to matches. The old dear offers a week's recuperation to service personnel who have been injured as a result of action while serving in Afghanistan. Last week there were 11 Royal Marines from 42 Commando staying with Mrs Tobin, who also attended a match, and all seemed to have a good time. Welll done Queens, cost the club nothing but helps give something back to those that have given so much for us. Mrs Tobin deserves a gong for her good work, anyone know how to nominate someone for such an honour? /QUOTE]

Try this site

Shinyscot

Corporal
Rangers have given away free tickets too, 1200 on the Champs League 2 weeks ago and some for the St Mirren game this weekend, it is good to see so many establishments giving away free/reduced tickets.

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Rangers have given away free tickets too, 1200 on the Champs League 2 weeks ago and some for the St Mirren game this weekend, it is good to see so many establishments giving away free/reduced tickets.

Surprised Rangers are giving away anything with their financial issues!!

On another note - how long does it take for them to come back to you once you have registered?. Been waiting for about a day now and zip.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Surprised Rangers are giving away anything with their financial issues!!

On another note - how long does it take for them to come back to you once you have registered?. Been waiting for about a day now and zip.[/QUOTE]

You have heard of the 'First Class' Royal Mail? :pDT_Xtremez_34:

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
You have heard of the 'First Class' Royal Mail? :pDT_Xtremez_34:

Aye, but I didn't realise that e-mail was also on strike !

Anyroad, discovered it is obviously my e-mail account as my oppo has just registered and his confirmation pinged through 5 mins later. Barsteward!

B

BigVern

On another note - how long does it take for them to come back to you once you have registered?. Been waiting for about a day now and zip.[/QUOTE]

I've had the same problem. I emailed Tickets for Troops, via their 'contact us' link and got an email back saying that the problem had been passed to their IT department. Still waiting for a reply, but I'm sure it will come.