• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Free Laptops

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
PC World are currently offering a free Laptop (or £300 off one of your choice) if you sign up in-store for Orange Broadband (base) for a 24 month period. This works out at broadband for two years at a cost of about forty quid if you are on the look-out for a new laptop. Seems too good to be true, or am I just being too cynical?

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
PC World are currently offering a free Laptop (or £300 off one of your choice) if you sign up in-store for Orange Broadband (base) for a 24 month period. This works out at broadband for two years at a cost of about forty quid if you are on the look-out for a new laptop. Seems too good to be true, or am I just being too cynical?

Just had a quick look at the site and it seems to be not a bad deal if you are currently broadbandless.....it does state "If you already have a broadband connection - and you are within your contract period then you are unable to take advatange of this deal"

That rules me out....but my mum might be interested...she's been after a laptop for a while.

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

K

Kernow

On the face of it, it looks like a fair deal. However with the reputation Orange have got at the moment then I suspect not, as you are being tied to a 24 month contract which should you experience all the problems that others have will leave you stuck. Plus if you decide to cancel the contract then I presume that you will have to hand back the laptop. Also depending on what you do with the net i.e. download lots of music then maybe 2Gb won't be enough.

simply for a free Laptop I would not want to be tied for 24months on my BB connection.

The T&Cs will need to be read very carefully.

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!

For the love of god DONT DO IT there isnt enough free laptops in the world that would justify being tied to these bunch of cowboys!!! (well maybe that is exaggerating a touch!) If anyone does get tempted I would definately read the small print especially about what happens at the end of the 24 month period!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
For the love of god DONT DO IT there isnt enough free laptops in the world that would justify being tied to these bunch of cowboys!!! (well maybe that is exaggerating a touch!) If anyone does get tempted I would definately read the small print especially about what happens at the end of the 24 month period!

I would back that ^^^^^^ up, they're to$$ers. Base package gets sh1te support to ! :pDT_Xtremez_25:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
However with the reputation Orange have got at the moment then I suspect not, as you are being tied to a 24 month contract which should you experience all the problems that others have will leave you stuck.

The T&Cs will need to be read very carefully.

I may be overlooking something here, but I'm sure you wouldn't be stuck with something you couldn't use for 24 months if there were problems with the service. Orange must be bound to the contract as well in that if they are not providing the service that they promise, they are in breach of that contract. OK, so you may have to give the doorstop back, but at least you wouldn't be paying for something you weren't using?:pDT_Xtremez_35:

K

Kernow

I may be overlooking something here, but I'm sure you wouldn't be stuck with something you couldn't use for 24 months if there were problems with the service. Orange must be bound to the contract as well in that if they are not providing the service that they promise, they are in breach of that contract. OK, so you may have to give the doorstop back, but at least you wouldn't be paying for something you weren't using?:pDT_Xtremez_35:

No mate but it can take a long time to get out of the contract and by which time you've wasted some cash on the cnuts. Best off looking to another provider who doesn't have to use such an obvious gimmick to reel you in.

paramole

SAC
best to keep clear, i for one will not be joining:pDT_Xtremez_42:
as soon as one starts they all start! WHO DO YOU THINK WILL BE NEXT TO OFFER THIS PACKAGE ?