• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Free childcare

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
Quick question if I may?
Does my military pension count as income to qualify for the 30 hours free childcare (>£120 week)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It gets taxed doesn’t it?

Don’t you also have to work a set number of hours too?

gray

Sergeant
Round our way, a lot of the childcare facilities are opting out of the free childcare scheme (Or only providing 15) as it's too expensive to fund, given what they receive from the Govt per hour.

There's no mention of hours, but it states you, or your partner must be working..
https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/moreinfopar/2/?returnURL=/par/app/extendedentitlement

Edit:
To be eligible, you (and your partner if you have one), must either:

each expect to earn at least £120 a week or work more than 16 hours at the National Living Wage (unless you became self-employed less than 12 months ago), or each expect to earn at least £113 a week or work more than 16 hours at the National Minimum Wage (unless you became self-employed less than 12 months ago)

Last edited:

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
Round our way, a lot of the childcare facilities are opting out of the free childcare scheme (Or only providing 15) as it's too expensive to fund, given what they receive from the Govt per hour.

Luckily our current provider has opted into the scheme & when Norman Jnr turns 3 next year we will be entitled to 30 free hours provided I earn over £120 a week which I’m hoping my taxable pension income will count as.

I am planning to get a job but worst case scenario and all that...