• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Former Airman And Queens First Openly Gay Footman Forced To Step Down

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
If the LGBT community had started using him as their poster boy, then I can understand why he has suddenly been moved to a less public role. Sometimes, these causes don't see the bigger picture when they are pushing their own agenda. I have no idea who the other footmen/footwomen (if there are women) are, nor do I have any idea on their sexuality, favourite football teams, favourite holiday destination or anything else that they may or may not like. That is because they have not sought publicity for their role, nor has any organisation taken it upon themselves to "adopt" one of them and publish details of their private life...until now.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
If the LGBT community had started using him as their poster boy, then I can understand why he has suddenly been moved to a less public role. Sometimes, these causes don't see the bigger picture when they are pushing their own agenda. I have no idea who the other footmen/footwomen (if there are women) are, nor do I have any idea on their sexuality, favourite football teams, favourite holiday destination or anything else that they may or may not like. That is because they have not sought publicity for their role, nor has any organisation taken it upon themselves to "adopt" one of them and publish details of their private life...until now.

100% agreed. In a role as high profile as working with the Monarchy there will undoubtedly be rules regarding their presence on social media, political groups, public groups etc. I would be amazed if there aren't clauses in the contracts stating possible punishments if they break house rules.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Is there even a need for the LGBTQZSDRT Community to adopt such poster boys? Gay rights have come on massively in my life time to the point where it has been accepted as normal, how far do they need to go before they start thinking they've reached their hypothetical equality? I can't see what benefit continually making everyone aware that your Co-workers, friends, bosses, family members etc might fancy a bit of the same sex.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Have a look at the photo of him in his RAF Uniform. Apparently Cadets are now classed as regulars 

It's the norm, the Cnut MP for where I live claimed to be an ex-RAF trainee pilot... he was a member of a UAS whilst at Oxford Uni. The Daily Heil comments are a hoot though.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I wonder if he was ever in the RAF? He made it to Cadet WO so probably 17yo at that point, he's now 21 and apparently was well established at the palace so had probably been there at least 12 months. That only leaves around 3 years for actual RAF service, he can't have done much in that time.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
How do you become a footman? I've watched Downton Abbey so kind of know what they do but it would appear in this day and age quite a revered position standing so close to the head of state and one that they might award rather than employ for?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Read somewhere although the money isn't brilliant a lot use as a stepping stone to find work overseas. Rich foreigners love it that they've got someone who's worked for the royal family

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

J Y Kelly

Corporal
Read somewhere although the money isn't brilliant a lot use as a stepping stone to find work overseas. Rich foreigners love it that they've got someone who's worked for the royal family

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I believe that staff get free accommodation. Obviously you have to go in via the Tradesmen's Entrance.

rocket scientist

Sergeant
I wonder if he was ever in the RAF? He made it to Cadet WO so probably 17yo at that point, he's now 21 and apparently was well established at the palace so had probably been there at least 12 months. That only leaves around 3 years for actual RAF service, he can't have done much in that time.

I don't think he actually joined the RAF. I seem to remember there was a lot of publicity from 3 Welsh Wing Air Cadets saying that an ex-cadet had become a royal footman but never that he'd joined the RAF, which they also usually make a song & dance about. I can verify it though, if I can remember. Or be arsed.