• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Florida Theme Parks Admission for Serving Personnel & Families

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew what the current situation was with free entry to Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens in Florida?

We last went in 2008 and I am pretty sure we had a free day pass for the whole family (hubby, me and 2 kids) to Busch Gardens. We had a Flex card for Universal, Islands of Adventure and Sea World so never tried the free day pass thing.

Our eldest child is now 12 so an adult by Florida theme parks rules, will the effect the free family pass (if still available)?

And finally, does anyone know where I can find out more about flexing the RAF ID card to our advantage out there?

Any hints and tips greatly appreciated.

rigpig

SAC
hi there FJ

Me and the mrs got in to SW in May this yr for free I believe it is free entry for the serving person and up to two dependants of any age, once a year.

Most stores offer Millitary discount even on top of sale prices.

Disney have started to offer Millitary ticketprices but non US millitary doesnt count :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Enjoy!!

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Google "hero salute" for seaworld.

I will check with Nellis today for Universal. You can try and Google ITT Nellis yourself for USA wide deals.

Disney requires the tickets to be bought with US Mil ID at a US Mil base.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
I believe you can buy Disney Tickets at the Shades of Green resort which can be googled :)

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
I believe you can buy Disney Tickets at the Shades of Green resort which can be googled :)
You can but that only saves you paying Florida Tax they won't sell you the heavilly discounted 3 or 4 day pass for around $140 that is for US Servicemen only. The Navy Rec Centre (MWR) attached to Orlando Airport might sell you the US Military ones but it depends what mood they are in and if they check you out at Disney (unlikely) and you don't have US Military ID they will confiscate your tickets. You can get a free day in either Seaworld or Busch Gardens on production of your UK Mil ID at the gate for free admission for yourself and and up to 5 dependants but not your mum dad in laws brothers sisters etc.

To be honest it's probably cheaper to buy your tickets from the sellers recommended on the dibb http://www.thedibbers.co.uk/index.php

Unless you want to chance your arm with the dancing ticket touts on the side of the road who will allegedly tell you how to beat the finger print recognition system but apparently that is illegal

G

gemarriott

Or you can have friends who work in VIP hospitality for Disney |World :pDT_Xtremez_14:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Go to Discovery Cove for the day and you get free entry into SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

I know - I did it last week.

Stingray

Sergeant
Go to Discovery Cove for the day and you get free entry into SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

I know - I did it last week.

Sea World and Busch gardens provide for one free trip for active servicemen and families once per year. Have used and abused this for 3 years now.

Disney have become aware of foreign servicemen using their free military passes and have re-worded their criteria to ensure only US active serving gain from this, there are however, some ways to get around this....DO NOT GO TO THE ITT AT ORLANDO AIRPORT....Go to the main gate, you will have to pay $12 for parking regardless, but, if you can spot a spotty geek at the ticket desk...aim for that person, put on fake accent flash ID and bullsh1t for Britain!!

Good luck.

BTW, I flash ID everywhere I go to, some laugh, others offer huge discounts, but every now and then I get stuff free, the latest was Chicago's Willis Tower (used to be Sears Tower) saved $27!!!

M

Mickwreay

As above mate.

We got into Busch & Sea World in May this year.
Also ask in EVERY place you are gonna buy stuff. We even got a discount in Ron Jon Surf Shop in Cocoa beach. Also got discount at Kennedy Space centre.

Also, get your tickets validated for the second free visit in lot of parks (non Disney) & sell them to the ticket shops that are dotted around, but try a few as they will all pay different amounts.

Also keep a record of when & where you use your disney tickets, as you can even get $10- $15 for a ticket with a day or so left on it. The lads who buy them use the details to allow someone else to blag their way in.

Mick

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I found that wearing service T-shirts (especially TroopAid T-Shirts) did wonders for discounts as well as people going out of their way to help you.

Update to this tread: As off Aug 2013 SeaWorld only offer free park entry to US active service only. Just back from there and I got charged full price at the gate. Did not go to Busch Gardens but I would think that it would be the same there as well.