• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flight Safety films

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Does anyone else remember the flight safety film that was used in the late '70's that illustrated the 'swiss cheese' model of safety factors that started with a pilot (played by Richard O'Sullivan, iirc) getting his mess breakfast late and then nearly losing a Harrier? The point of the film was that everyone, starting with the steward, had a role in flight safety.

I've been looking for it on YouTube but can't find it - it might help if I knew its title though.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It was called "Nothing to do with me"

In a similar vein

dctyke

Corporal
Does anyone else remember the flight safety film that was used in the late '70's that illustrated the 'swiss cheese' model of safety factors that started with a pilot (played by Richard O'Sullivan, iirc) getting his mess breakfast late and then nearly losing a Harrier? The point of the film was that everyone, starting with the steward, had a role in flight safety.

I've been looking for it on YouTube but can't find it - it might help if I knew its title though.
My wife is in that film!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
There is only one filum from the seventies worth sleeping to....

Doctor FOD and Miss Wayward Body.

Broke every diversity and sexually offensive rule in the book. Damn it was good.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Some of those old films sometimes turn up on the Freeview 'Talking Pictures' channel, worth taking a look for the scenes of the RAF we used to know....