• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flags

C

Comms_Lad

Had a bright idea whilst replying to a post.

:pDT_Xtremez_43: I was saying that this moticon could do with an egoat flag, to support someones earlier claim that it represented the goat out to right the worlds wrongs lol

then I thought why not E-Goat flags, big feckin flags either Union Flags or nation flags with a big wacking goat in the middle.

Just an idea

N

NotAnIDOYet

Had a bright idea whilst replying to a post.

:pDT_Xtremez_43: I was saying that this moticon could do with an egoat flag, to support someones earlier claim that it represented the goat out to right the worlds wrongs lol

then I thought why not E-Goat flags, big feckin flags either Union Flags or nation flags with a big wacking goat in the middle.

Just an idea

Is it not an offence to deface the Union Flag unless authorised by HM?

One of the t-shirt designs would surely do the job?

C

Comms_Lad

But it wouldnt be defacing the flag, merely enhancing it and I dont thing HM would mind that much considering the charitable efforts the Goat has been going to recently.

Ma'am if you are reading this (unlikely I know but cya and all that), I apologise if I presume so much, but we will get you your own Tshirt.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

M

mad_mo

Good question, I was waiting for somebody to pose that. The question is no.

It is a criminal offence for a person to display or deface a national flag if such activity is likely to pose a real risk to public order or the activity constitutes incitement to racial or religious hatred. For example, under Sections 4A and 5 of the Public Order Act 1986,

the Union Flag originated as a Royal flag, but is no longer.

The following does need Royal Permission

the Royal arms, or any of the principal armorial bearings of the Royal arms, or any insignia or device so nearly resembling the Royal arms or any such armorial bearing as to be likely to be mistaken for them or it,

(b)a representation of the Royal crown or any of the Royal flags,

(c)a representation of Her Majesty or any member of the Royal family, or any colourable imitation thereof, or

(d)words, letters or devices likely to lead persons to think that the applicant either has or recently has had Royal patronage or authorisation,

consent has to be given by or on behalf of Her Majesty or, as the case may be, the relevant member of the Royal family.

Last edited:
N

NotAnIDOYet

It is a criminal offence for a person to display or deface a national flag if such activity is likely to pose a real risk to public order or the activity constitutes incitement to racial or religious hatred. For example, under Sections 4A and 5 of the Public Order Act 1986,

the Royal arms, or any of the principal armorial bearings of the Royal arms, or any insignia or device so nearly resembling the Royal arms or any such armorial bearing as to be likely to be mistaken for them or it,

(c)a representation of Her Majesty or any member of the Royal family, or any colourable imitation thereof, or

(d)words, letters or devices likely to lead persons to think that the applicant either has or recently has had Royal patronage or authorisation,

consent has to be given by or on behalf of Her Majesty or, as the case may be, the relevant member of the Royal family.

Good answer and certainly corrects a gap in my knowledge!

What is your going rate for legal advice to goat members?

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts

Question or Answer ?:pDT_Xtremez_21:

C

Comms_Lad

So bearing all that in mind can we have flags????
lol we could still send HM a tshirt as an act of good faith (and so she dont feel left out):pDT_Xtremez_30: