• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fixed Forces Rate ?

Hello.
When in Cyprus what is the current FFR when they convert your pay & LOA to Cyp £'s? It used to be 0.86 and im not sure if its changed. Could someone also post the current LOA rates in Cyprus for Married Accompanied personnel with 1, 2 & 3 kiddies!

Please!!! (many thanks)

FFR and LOA rates

FFR and LOA rates

hi

at the mo the FFR is still 0.86 and has been since aug 04

as a junior magician with a wife and two kids i get just over £20 per day £632 p/m £7588 p/yr.

if ur still unsure when you arrive just pop in to your local car dealer, they seem to know exactly how much you get, and cough! will price the car accordingly cough! :pDT_Xtremez_06:

hi

at the mo the FFR is still 0.86 and has been since aug 04

as a junior magician with a wife and two kids i get just over £20 per day £632 p/m £7588 p/yr.

if ur still unsure when you arrive just pop in to your local car dealer, they seem to know exactly how much you get, and cough! will price the car accordingly cough! :pDT_Xtremez_06:

LOL!
Cheers. I'll bear that in mind. I did a couple of years there a few years back....is a certain Honda dealer still there?

Any chance of you posting the current LOA table for all NCO ranks and kid-combinations?
It would be much appreciated!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
LOL!
Cheers. I'll bear that in mind. I did a couple of years there a few years back....is a certain Honda dealer still there?

Any chance of you posting the current LOA table for all NCO ranks and kid-combinations?
It would be much appreciated!

Slightly Off Topic ....if it's worthwhile are you gonna pop out a few more kids before you go or are you just gonna borrow them ??

Crack on............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

OK..Igiveup

Corporal
currently

currently

Assume you on your way over?
86 is the FFR but going into Euro next Year.
will pm you with other bits

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Slightly Off Topic ....if it's worthwhile are you gonna pop out a few more kids before you go or are you just gonna borrow them ??

Crack on............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

It was a very feeble attempt at humour...ever so sorry....won't bother again...

Crack on........:pDT_Xtremez_09:

OK..Igiveup

Corporal
cant do it

cant do it

have a scan but cant send it via here.
if you PM me a few details can let you know...
as a guide
FS 0 kids = 22.50
FS 3 kids = 28.95
Sgt 0 kids = 19.66
sgt 3 kids = 25.63
cpl 0 kids = 16.51
cpl 3 kids = 22.07

Boarderlyne

Sergeant
have a scan but cant send it via here.
if you PM me a few details can let you know...
as a guide
FS 0 kids = 22.50
FS 3 kids = 28.95
Sgt 0 kids = 19.66
sgt 3 kids = 25.63
cpl 0 kids = 16.51
cpl 3 kids = 22.07

And you will need every penny of it as fags, booze and go-juice are cheap but everything else is damned expensive. For a family of 5, we only have a FMD of 200 going back to the UK.

FFR has been at 0.86 since Aug 03 not Aug 04!

On the plus side, the Cypriot way of life is very child-friendly, but p**h if you are here as a singlie.

Current spending is about Cyp 300 per week but that changes on a monthly basis! :pDT_Xtremez_09:

OK..Igiveup

Corporal
depends on the kids

depends on the kids

Cypriot way of life is very child-friendly, but p**h if you are here as a singlie.

if kids are too young will get bored easily and keep you busy on the beach. If they are too old will keep you in the cop shop for getting into trouble cos they are bored.
Agree with the singlie bit unless you into your AT and watersports.

Think they just reviewed it too (which mean it will go down cos they did it in the quiet season when stuff is a little cheaper)

And you will need every penny of it as fags, booze and go-juice are cheap but everything else is damned expensive. For a family of 5, we only have a FMD of 200 going back to the UK.

FFR has been at 0.86 since Aug 03 not Aug 04!

On the plus side, the Cypriot way of life is very child-friendly, but p**h if you are here as a singlie.

Current spending is about Cyp 300 per week but that changes on a monthly basis! :pDT_Xtremez_09:

What do you mean by "Current spending is about..."??

£300 per week

£300 per week

it all depends on the lifestyle you'll lead, if you have an aversion to cleaning a cooker on march-out(gas b-b-q the way to go!!!!) then you could feed a family of 5 at most places on the aki strip for about £20-£30 per evening meal (kebab that is),

:pDT_Xtremez_18:

would suggest a rigid frame swimming pool 12 ft or more would a sound buy to bring out with you !! (don't even bother with an inflatable one,you'll spend the whole time chasing punctures from birds/cats) they sell for approx £150 cyp for 12 ft pool and approx £180-£200 for 15 ft ebay a good place to start looking

if you need anymore tips/advice on stuff pm me