• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness test

benji

LAC
Hey guys i was just wondering when doing the run on the treadmill is there a specific graidient. And what sort of things can i do to help myself with press ups? thanks in advance

Brackens

SAC
Yer 1 degree incline replicates road running better, and for improving press ups is easy, just practise doing them, go for max effort 3 times in a row, then the next day try and do one more, and so on,

when i was coming up to my RTS start date i was probably doing around 100-200 press ups a day just in small bursts, when you are waiting for the kettle to boil do a quick 20, they soon add up

L

littlered

Just done OASC myself a few weeks ago. The test is on a treadmill with a gradient of 0.
But for replicating road running Brackens is right, use gradient 1.

I had practiced press-ups all the way to the floor so at the acutal test I managed do almost double the reps (with the odd rest in the "up" position) which was way more then needed for the women's test.

Practice with your finger tips at shoulder width. Lots of people had pracitced it wider apart so they struggled to hit their usual number.

Do as many as you can to the floor in one go, then repeat. As often as your muscles will allow. I could not do one press-up when I first started so just keep practicing, weight training helped me but actually doing them is best.

Good luck