• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness Test... rejoining

Hi all

So am rejoining the RAF after being out for six months. My fitness date is now out of date on JPA, so I have to redo the fitness test to get back in. It will be the treadmill PJFT as arranged via AFCO, but I will see if a mate can sign me on base and do the bleep test instead (I much prefer that). I'll get the PTIs to update JPA (would my JPA file still be active, I guess it would be?).

I'm doing gym a few times a week. At the moment I can only get up to 2km in the 11 mins 36 seconds required for my age (31). Im running a constant pace of 13.1kph. Shall I increase my speed to 13.5? I am stopping a few times so clearly have some more work to to do. I guess I need to hit the interval training hard. This is why I would rather do the bleep test. I only need 9.4 now for being 31!

I guess I need to keep active and push interval training rather than worrying about sitting constant 2.40km mock ups on treadmill in the gym? Thanks.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
If you have been discharged then your JPA profile will be deactivated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your doing the PJFT organised by AFCO then the contract with Nuffield Health will mean you have to attend one of their gyms to do the fitness test. And they only do the treadmill im afraid. Your JPA is deactivated so its not a choice of getting it added on there.

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
If your doing the PJFT organised by AFCO then the contract with Nuffield Health will mean you have to attend one of their gyms to do the fitness test. And they only do the treadmill im afraid. Your JPA is deactivated so its not a choice of getting it added on there.

True dat 👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi all

So am rejoining the RAF after being out for six months. My fitness date is now out of date on JPA, so I have to redo the fitness test to get back in. It will be the treadmill PJFT as arranged via AFCO, but I will see if a mate can sign me on base and do the bleep test instead (I much prefer that). I'll get the PTIs to update JPA (would my JPA file still be active, I guess it would be?).

I'm doing gym a few times a week. At the moment I can only get up to 2km in the 11 mins 36 seconds required for my age (31). Im running a constant pace of 13.1kph. Shall I increase my speed to 13.5? I am stopping a few times so clearly have some more work to to do. I guess I need to hit the interval training hard. This is why I would rather do the bleep test. I only need 9.4 now for being 31!

I guess I need to keep active and push interval training rather than worrying about sitting constant 2.40km mock ups on treadmill in the gym? Thanks.

You're probably better off working out a lower constant speed, leading up to 1 or 2 min higher speed followed by 1 minute as fast as you can. That's a more natural way of running a limited distance in time.