• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness test info required

stuntman

LAC
Im going for my PRTC on Thurs and Im a bit confused about the fitness standards which are required. I got a sheet which came in along with my travel details etc which gave the rquirements of 8.6 in the MSFT 4 press ups and 7 press ups. But after reading the forum for a while Ive noticed people mentioning 9.1 on the MSFT 20 press ups + 35 sit ups.

Can anyone shed any light?

Drill Bit

Sergeant
Im going for my PRTC on Thurs and Im a bit confused about the fitness standards which are required. I got a sheet which came in along with my travel details etc which gave the rquirements of 8.6 in the MSFT 4 press ups and 7 press ups. But after reading the forum for a while Ive noticed people mentioning 9.1 on the MSFT 20 press ups + 35 sit ups.

Can anyone shed any light?

How old are you? Are you male/female?

A

AndyCarter

Right. The RAFFT min standard is 9.10 on the bleed test, 35 situps and and 20 pressups. To pass PRTC you need to get what it says on the bit of paper you have.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Hi

Do the press ups and the sit ups need to be completed in under one minute like on the PJFT?

Thanks

Yes, they do. The PRTC fitness assessment is held under the same conditions as the RAFFT, but the standards required are a percentage of what you will do every 6 months once you are in productive service. Pay attention to what is stated on the sheet of paper you have been given as they are the standards expected.