• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness test change?

stormwell

LAC
It hasn't. these have been the PJFT requirements since at least 2012.
These scores are lower than when I did the PJFT in 2021, had to do the run in 12 mins as a 36 year old.

Funnily enough, when I attempted back in 2008/10 in my mid twenties the run time was 12 mins 3 secs (push ups and situps were 6 and 9 respectively according to some old paperwork I found).

4everAD

Sergeant
So if get this right they can pass a lower standard to get in and then have to actually pass the correct level. sad state of affairs.
With the current recruitment challenges i'd call it pragmatic rather than sad, as long as they hit the required regular standard by the time they finish Phase 1 does it matter?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
With the current recruitment challenges i'd call it pragmatic rather than sad, as long as they hit the required regular standard by the time they finish Phase 1 does it matter?

Agreed. Just hammer them with phys at HMP Halton.

I'm told the analysis showed that we were turning away a significant amount of people who had only just fell short of the level required. If you take into account the 20% waiver available for all arriving at Halton, this probably didn't seem fair.

fourteen2two

Corporal
Extra PT at Halton should work. I expect all get fitter there anyway. I did at Swinderby. I wasn't a fatty and had a fairly active lifestyle and physical job.