• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Firefighter Aplicant

Ikey14

LAC
Hi

I am 26 wanting to apply to be an RAF firefighter.
I am waiting to pass my driving test which i am taking to allow me to apply, wish i had taken sooner but due to living in london i have never needed to drive.
I just wanted some advice on whether my age will go against me during the process.
At the moment im spending all my free time focusing on my driving and fitness so when im able to apply I'm in the best possible position.
Any advice would be great.

Thanks

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Welcome to the Goat!

I take it you dont like being at home very much - Firefighters spend a lot of time overseas on deployment!

firestorm

Warrant Officer
It may be the best way to get the qualifications you need to get in the civvy brigade when you call it a day, if that's your bag.

Rothman

LAC
Recent recruits that have arrived on unit have been late 20's/early 30's. SAC turnaround times are now 10 months. There are plenty of civilian recognised qualifications to be had, although it is very difficult to gsin employment with civilian brigades due to mounting cutd and closures.