• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Mally

T

Titus Aducas

Wildenrath Mally was the first stop on a Friday night after leaving the WOC bar, well it was on the way back to the block !!, memories of the night 92 disbanded with the 19 guys all singing "Wheres your Squadron Gone ??", I also remember attending a German Remembrance Parade in 91 and all the Germans coming back to the Mally and failing miserably on pints. Lightweights.

I was there when 19 Sdn was formed, we travelled from Laar in three toners, checked into transit which was bunk beds because of the accommodation shortage and went in search of a bar. We took the table on the left at the back of the room 92 took the right, I wish I could find someone to compare notes with as my memory of the next 2 1/2 years are hazy to sat the least.

I was one of the first FLeM's to go to Germany and to say we were looked on with suspicion by all the old single trade lineys would be an understatement, everyone knows life is a bit slacker at the pointy end and all these old, scruffy, hairy assed single trade guys were non to pleased at the prospect of being shoved back into rects. We were welded together by adversity and the mantra, "pick on one you pick on ten", was a battle call often heard ringing through the Mally.
Many of the drinking games and traditions were formed in those first 12 months while we were in that dreadful transit block and the Mally became our second home when we weren't sleeping, at work or in the first post.
The first one in always bought a crate and if you arrived and the crate was empty you bought the next one, It was 10D's for a crate. Birthdays bought a crate, failing to remove the lid bought a crate though you used to get three goes to start with as the edge of the tables were pretty chewed up. I remember walking in one night and the Sqdn tables had gone! There was an uproar until it was explained they were having new hardwood edges fitted on them in the carpenters shop. When they came back it was too easy to get the lids off so it was reduced to two goes instead of three.
The glasses had a deposit of 50 phgs, I remember one night when dear old Barry Roberts, (R.I.P.), took a glass which someone had honked into back to the bar to claim the deposit, the steward refused as it was full of spew so Barry yam singed it, he even managed to keep it down until we got outside when he honked the lot back up again. Just writing that is making me feel a bit green round the gills but it was typical of some of the things which were the norm during that crazy couple of years.

TrickyTree

Sergeant
I was there when 19 Sdn was formed, we travelled from Laar in three toners, checked into transit which was bunk beds because of the accommodation shortage and went in search of a bar. We took the table on the left at the back of the room 92 took the right, I wish I could find someone to compare notes with as my memory of the next 2 1/2 years are hazy to sat the least.

I was one of the first FLeM's to go to Germany and to say we were looked on with suspicion by all the old single trade lineys would be an understatement, everyone knows life is a bit slacker at the pointy end and all these old, scruffy, hairy assed single trade guys were non to pleased at the prospect of being shoved back into rects. We were welded together by adversity and the mantra, "pick on one you pick on ten", was a battle call often heard ringing through the Mally.
Many of the drinking games and traditions were formed in those first 12 months while we were in that dreadful transit block and the Mally became our second home when we weren't sleeping, at work or in the first post.
The first one in always bought a crate and if you arrived and the crate was empty you bought the next one, It was 10D's for a crate. Birthdays bought a crate, failing to remove the lid bought a crate though you used to get three goes to start with as the edge of the tables were pretty chewed up. I remember walking in one night and the Sqdn tables had gone! There was an uproar until it was explained they were having new hardwood edges fitted on them in the carpenters shop. When they came back it was too easy to get the lids off so it was reduced to two goes instead of three.
The glasses had a deposit of 50 phgs, I remember one night when dear old Barry Roberts, (R.I.P.), took a glass which someone had honked into back to the bar to claim the deposit, the steward refused as it was full of spew so Barry yam singed it, he even managed to keep it down until we got outside when he honked the lot back up again. Just writing that is making me feel a bit green round the gills but it was typical of some of the things which were the norm during that crazy couple of years.
Off Topic And lineys today sit in fcuking toolstores with their gay laptop computers swapping inanities with their equally gay friends on gay fcuking Facebook.

Jesus wept.

Poofters, the lot of them.

Last edited:

S92

LAC
Favourite Mally

Has to be Wildenrath. There between 78-80 then Bruggen 80-81. The Wilders Mally on a Friday lunchtime was brilliant. Set you up nicely for the weekend! After starting the weekend in the Mally, couldn't remember it by the time Monday came!
Another brill place at Wilders at that time was the German Canteen which was at the back of the married patch. Used to go in there on a Thurs night for a few and a meal, such as schnitzels. Brill. Ahhhh!!!!!! Feeling my age again! Well, at my age, it's nice to be feeling something!:pDT_Xtremez_09::pDT_Xtremez_09::pDT_Xtremez_09:

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
I was also at wildenrath 77 to 80 and agree that the Mally was awesome. I was also there 85 to 88 but in about 87 they did the Mally up and made it look like a wine bar, totally ruined it and even stopped opening on a Friday to avoid the post beer call clients. The Eng Inn was also a good bar at Wildenrath

Last edited:
Gutersloh, top breakfast, armourers table, opposite the pool for perving, cracking closing party when the red hand brigade took over

R

ROTORHEAD

Happy Days. Did more than my share of Rugby Bar duties. A Flt Sgt Copper came down on Xmas Morning (85-86ish ??) at 10am & politely asked me if I'd like to hand the keys back into the Guardroom, we were still going strong !!

Got nicked breaking OUT of the Mally early one morning. Got hooped at a Sqn BeerCall, fell asleep on the bog in the Mally and woke up cold and lonely 6am next day.

*sigh*........I do miss it !!

Must have had a few fizzy pops with you then. I lived at the top of the back stairs out of the Rugby Club, so spent most of my leasure/drinking time in the cellar with daylight breaks in the Mally.

Loved all of the Mallys

Loved all of the Mallys

Two tours at Gut and one at Larr-parts. Singly Tour at Gut was Brill, Pete Boardman (Station Photographer) and Bob Carr (4 Sqdn Cpl Stacker - sorry Logistics Technician) behind the bar. 8000 Pints of Wobbly and 950 'ish paprika coated chickens - no wonder I struggled with my figure. Scaley tours at Gut and Laarbruch, still a regular visitor to the Mallys. Friday night crawl to the bus stop for the last ride out to Weeze my last Mally memory.

Gazza260

LAC
Gutersloh Mally was tops.

Playing spoof with the 4 sqdn plumbers on Sunday lunchtimes, followed by an afternoon in Flugeys.

Seem to remember the juke box going out the window on one occasion. Also when the bar was refurbished circa 1983, we liberated the whole bar and installed it in the cellar of our block. Can't believe we weren't spotted carrying a curved 20ft long wooden bar down the main drag though.

Ahh happy days!

Vushtrri

Sergeant

Playing spoof with the 4 sqdn plumbers on Sunday lunchtimes, followed by an afternoon in Flugeys.

Seem to remember the juke box going out the window on one occasion. Also when the bar was refurbished circa 1983, we liberated the whole bar and installed it in the cellar of our block. Can't believe we weren't spotted carrying a curved 20ft long wooden bar down the main drag though.

Ahh happy days!

Was that in between spewing your guts up out the window...or was that a certain ginga sporran gob?

Vushtrri

Sergeant

Ahh happy days!

..and wasn't Saturday nights in the Rockpalace in Arsewinkel with two young krauts by the name of Bettina and Emina?...I still have the scarf from Bettina somewhere!

Gazza260

LAC
..and wasn't Saturday nights in the Rockpalace in Arsewinkel with two young krauts by the name of Bettina and Emina?...I still have the scarf from Bettina somewhere!

Forgot about the Rockpalace, not to mention the lovely Bettina!. Happy days.