• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Falklands

I suppose this is the right forum for this, I'm going daaaaaaaarn saaaaaaarf to play with the penguins and bennies soon and I have heard that my missus can come down to visit during my r & r, the question is; how do I go about arranging it as she is a civvy dependant, I would welcome any advice. :pDT_Xtremez_41:

D

Death_banana

unluckt dude.

I myself will be heading of to penguin land in a couple of weeks myself (albeit at very short notice :pDT_Xtremez_25: ).

I've also heard that your wife can visit you whilst your down south as i'm trying to talk the misuuse into visiting me while i'm down there, from what i can gather form my mate who i'm replacing (he's just had his wife down to visit) it's something that you have to sort out once your down there, my mate said it was dead easy the only thing being your missus's flight from brize won't be confirmed until 48 hrs before she is due to travel. the only other thing he told me that the flight was only about £120 return.

Soz I cant be of more help dude :pDT_Xtremez_28:
(what dtae are you flying down ???)

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
While in the Falklands you should be concentrating on the job in hand, protect the islands against the Argies, rather than worring about getting your wife down there. I almost went to the Falklands once but unfortunately pulled my back a week or so before I was due to go.

E

ExCrab

Enjoy yourself down there!!! The weather should be starting to get a little better by July.
By the way, do you really want to fly your missus all that way?? 8hrs to Acension, then another 8hrs to Falklands, with no guarantee that the Tristar will arrive while you are on your R n R. Been there done that, waiting for a delayed plane to come home that has gone tit's up somewhere, too many times. Thank god for redundancy, and my nice civvy life now.....hehehe

Regards

ExCrab

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Just so you're not expecting miracles. The weather today is fog and rain! Had snow last week - and yes - it's still windy everyday!

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

A

A Time To Heal

I suppose this is the right forum for this, I'm going daaaaaaaarn saaaaaaarf to play with the penguins and bennies soon and I have heard that my missus can come down to visit during my r & r, the question is; how do I go about arranging it as she is a civvy dependant, I would welcome any advice.

Right,
When you get Darn Sarf, speak to the friendly movers who will give you, or should point you in the direction of, an Indulgence Card. You can then fill this in on behalf of your wife, if you have ant problems with it aforementioned movers should be able to help you out. You then submit it to the passenger booking cell down there and they will book her to a flight on the dates, or as near dammit, requested. This wil cost around 55 quid for each leg of the journey, one down one up. But you should also note this is not a guaranteed flight, indulgence passengers travel on a fill up basis, so they will take spare seats on the a/c. But as the a/c is a 747 this should not be to much of a problem. Then your wife should get confirmation through closer to the date of the flight, not sure of time scale cos i havent been southbound or ever indulged. With that confirmation should be a booking reference and all she needs to do is turn up to Sunny brize on the day of the flight, at least two hours before departure, with her fifty odd notes clasped tightly in hand. Give it to the movers on the desk and roberts your mothers brother, one southbound wife.

Hope this helps you out, you can also do this to such sunny locations as cyprus, germany and sometimes even canada.

bye
:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Last day in work Down South!

It's well easy to get indulgence. My missus came down 2 weeks ago.

You get a nice R&R room - book it via 12 Facility - en-suite, double bed and fridge.

Indulgence forms are on the computer network down here. Cost of flight is
£56-57 each way. The Movers here will confirm the flight a week in advance. You can hire a SIF wagon as part of your R&R. 2 days free and £10 for an extra day. Get off camp if you can. The Malvina in Stanley is ok. £60 a night - bath! big rooms and an hours free sauna/jacuzzi.

Last flight had 11 indulgence on board but gets busier when kids are off school so book early.

Enjoy! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

H

Handreared

I dont beleeeeeeve it

I dont beleeeeeeve it

Guys, can I just make the observation that whilst I wholeheartedly agree with making the best of any bad situation that you mediate slightly the fact that you can get the missus down for a bit of 'hows ya father'.

Nearly 7000 others would love to have the missus visit TELIC or HERRICK but its never going to happen. Pse dont rub others noses in it.

PS. I will be coming down myself to see my partner in a couple of weeks, see you in the goose, I am told she does a good turn on the pole!!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Handreared said:
Guys, can I just make the observation that whilst I wholeheartedly agree with making the best of any bad situation that you mediate slightly the fact that you can get the missus down for a bit of 'hows ya father'.

Nearly 7000 others would love to have the missus visit TELIC or HERRICK but its never going to happen. Pse dont rub others noses in it.

PS. I will be coming down myself to see my partner in a couple of weeks, see you in the goose, I am told she does a good turn on the pole!!

By your rationale maybe we should scrap threads to do with excessive drinking i.e. more than 2 cans a day...And other threads that talk about topics that are denied on a hot sandy OOA???

This is an important subject (in the big picture of things) for those Southbound and need to be discussed...

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Handreared said:

If that's not rubbing all the rest of the falkland goaters' noses in it, I don't know what is.

Don't be a tw@t all your life, take a day off.

B

Bombhead

Handreared said:

:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Fella you are not the only one to have been on Telic and Herrick ops and some of us have done the Falklands as well if you don't like what you see then don't read it. If the facility is there then why not use it, if you are lucky enough to go down south then I am sure you would do the same. If you have a wife that is.

Get a life you muppet !!!!!!

H

Handreared

Just went fishin and got a couple of wrigglers (madcollie and BHead)

22 yrs in, more medals than i can afford to mount and still on wife number one. If you arent mature enuff to appreciate the sentiment and a wind up, go back to stores and get the sense of humour replen.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Handreared said:

22 yrs in, more medals than i can afford to mount and still on wife number one. If you arent mature enuff to appreciate the sentiment and a wind up, go back to stores and get the sense of humour replen.

There are forums for this kind of 'activity' and even then in these forums it won't be overly appreciated...

This was a serious forum and a serious question...

Being new to the Goat maybe you didn't realise this and if so then take it on board...

If all you want to do on these forums is stir up sh*t I advise you go elsewhere.

Vim

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Handreared said:

Whatever, pr1ck. If you were mature enough you would post your flame in the correct forum, not on one that people genuinely are asking for help on. (Where's the ignore button for this tw@t)