• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Falklands 6 month stints....

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
I suppose if it doesn't fit your personal needs/circumstances then you can make the decision to leave the RAF.

Several of my friends & colleagues have done this & I have more respect for them than others who will stay in & complain about it every time it comes around.

Mind you, plenty do that now so what's the difference?

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
I had thought ILLBW was either an institutionalised, sad person who periodically went quiet while he was in hospital, or more likely that he was a mythological figure, like the bogey man or the tooth fairy but prettier (replying to whose posts would be like joining in the PPRuNe permanent Mornington Crescent game, or the fledgling Uckers game here). However, this evening I finished watching the redemption of Darth Vader only to come upon a PM from the menacing Brucie saying, "Back off, civvy". [Shiver. Quake. Yawn.] Have I to believe he's real, then?

Off Topic

[Brucie's the one in the green hat.]

Last edited:

briggfairy

Sergeant
why do people bite with illbw? he#s blatantly someones alter ego troll injecting a bit of humor into some threads, they way some people react we will prob end up with a suicide being blamed on him

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
why do people bite with illbw? he#s blatantly someones alter ego troll injecting a bit of humor into some threads, they way some people react we will prob end up with a suicide being blamed on him

Next time I bump into him I will pass on the collective concerns of the e-goat fraternity.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts

Gosh darn it! There was me thinking he was legitimate.....:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant

Hey, that's an idea! The trick is to spread the rumour without there being an actual suicide. The first thing to do is check under the nearest bridge to BZN when a Falklands flight is due. It's well known that trolls live under bridges that Billy Goat Gruff goes over but so far a nasty troll hasn't got him.

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
If he had done so I would have charged him on the spot. PM me your details so I can initiate MAA against you for insubordination.

I recognise that second sentence. The bloke's an android, probably Marvin gone over to the Dark Side. Advice needed here, please, Kryten, is it possible to remove BRU C's head and re-program it?

Last edited:

stereolab

Station Cashier
I recognise that second sentence. The bloke's an android, probably Marvin gone over to the Dark Side. Advice needed here, please, Kryten, Is it possible to remove BRU C's head and re-program it?

It fairly makes my day when ILLBW pops his head above the parapet.