• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fairchild 24W Argus II

F24W

LAC
I need your help
I'm the owner of a Fairchild 24 "Argus II" of 1943.
I know that it was delivered by liberty ship to Oran (Middle Est) in February 1944 and served in the RAF with the FZ827 registration (Sources of the RAF Museum). But I don't know in what squadron it served. I seek all information about his possible assignements.
This aircraft was very common so it wasn't subjected of a rigorous track record.
My only hope would be to trace it in a pilot’s log book or is mentioned in a Squadron diary.
Please, could you ask your friends who had family members who served as pilot in the RAF in North Africa and Italy in 1944/45?
Thank you in advance.