• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FA Investigate Allardyce Allegations

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Going by the rumour mill that is Social Media, it would certainly appear so.

However, for me, it opens up another thread of thoughts (and slightly off topic)... WHY do the British press thrive on tearing people down? Sam has been appointed to 'try' and lead the National football team back to some level of credibility, and yet after only one game, the journo's are out probing him to see if they can coerce him in to doing or saying something which would jeopardise his role and future prospects.

Cnuts.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
And he's gone.....

Allardyce 'deeply disappointed'
Posted at
19:50
A statement from Sam Allardyce: "Further to recent events, the FA and I have mutually agreed to part company.

"It was a great honour for me to be appointed back in July and I am deeply disappointed at this outcome.

"This afternoon, I met with Greg Clarke and Martin Glenn and offered a sincere and wholehearted apology for my actions.

"Although it was made clear during the recorded conversations that any proposed arrangements would need the FA’s full approval, I recognise I made some comments which have caused embarrassment.

"As part of today’s meeting, I was asked to clarify what I said and the context in which the conversations took place. I have co-operated fully in this regard.

"I also regret my comments with regard to other individuals."

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Tony Pulis, David Moyes and Slavan Bilic. You are now on a warning. Maybe now West Ham fans can appreciate what he did for their club!!!

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
He screwed my club over with his "just nipping home on transfer business" in the summer, when he was actually negotiating with the FA.

He's now untouchable in this country. I wont shed a tear for the bloke.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So who's next in the job? For me the England manager should be English but English premiership managers are few in number Pardew, Howe and Pullis are three I can think of and perhaps only Eddie Howe would be seriously looked at by the FA. Outside the premiership Southgate has chance to shine for 4 games if not him Steve Bruce, Hoddle or do the FA risk a foreign manager.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Isn't one of the Nevil's available?

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Fu Fu Valve

Sergeant
On of the Bookies had Pardew as favorite to take over this morning - i hope not, he makes Woy look like a footballing genius.

Ideally the England manager should be English, if nobody is the right for for the job you take the best you can no matter where they're from.

I thin it's a bit early for Eddie Howe, Hoddle had his chance, Pulis could be available soon and Bruce is available now not sure either of them are up to the England job though.

Right now i'm not sure who the FA will look at - with so many Prem and ExPrem league managers being talked about for bribes and corruption there might not be many left to chose from.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Isn't one of the Nevil's available?

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

I think perhaps they both are. The gobby one did a poor job of managing in Spain and was sacked after a brief tenure in the role before going back to sky TV, The ex-Everton one? not sure what he's doing now. Both have an interest in Salford City FC as part of the ownership group there.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Southgate will "reluctantly" take the job on full-time in the New Year.

At the moment, there is no real stand-out Englishman to take on the role, and with the potential sh!t storm about bungs exploding in all directions, it would make sense for the FA to appoint an FA-type bloke who doesn't have any skeletons in his closet.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Let's wait until the announcement then Vim can tell us how he guessed it right.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Stuart Pearce would be a good starter. But frankly he will have a hard task as the English players are not worth having in any side. You need a team that can compete against an average premierships team regular. More like Barnstonworth United more like.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Not sure who, but even with all the things he did for Stoke & Palace i dont think Pulis has the flair for the job.

Though if he did then Peter crouch would be back in the England squad:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Stuart Pearce would be a good starter. But frankly he will have a hard task as the English players are not worth having in any side. You need a team that can compete against an average premierships team regular. More like Barnstonworth United more like.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

If we had to have an Englishman in the role, Psycho would be a popular choice - a proven international record and he bleeds England - if we had to have an Englishman. Southgate will be decent in the interim though. But the big issue, as alluded to above, is the team is crap. Crap players who couldn't give a monkey's as they know in the 21st century set up the only criteria for qualifying for the national side is being English. Twenty years ago, it was the very, very best 23 English players who were chosen to represent the country. In 2016, if you're English, you'll get a game. Nobody's prepared to go out of their way for England anymore because they know they'll be picked and be paid extra for the 'privilege'. And I can't see it getting better anytime soon.

However, I think the FA should be looking abroad for the next boss. That said, who - English or otherwise - would be willing to take on the most poisonous of all of football's poisoned chalices?

Last edited:

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Well said sir.
Not as if we are close to winning trophy for the toilet freshener with squads we have had over the years. The only other way is to have a dedicated team of English players and increase the games more wide spread into Commonwealth trophy. Or introduce 4 Nation Cup between Cymru N Ireland and Scotland.