• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ex Police

stormwell

LAC
Cool, congratz for getting through to the end.

I'm on my final weekend before graduation, just a few days left. Starting at Cosford in three months time, so gonna go on Holding for SATTs.

Certainly found phys a struggle as well, so recommend working on fitness.

bigjd

LAC
Stormwell good to see you coming to the end now, it's a tough course so well done! Hit me up when you land at Cosford and we can meet up for a beer! Enjoy your graduation, it's a great day and probably the proudest day of your life.

bigjd

LAC
Quick update and then I will let this thread die with dignity! I graduate phase 2 training at Cosford on Wednesday. People who said the course is intense definitely hit the nail on the head.... Longest 18 months of my life at this place, but very glad to be passing out and ready to move on to my first posting! Thanks again to everybody who offered advice when I first came on here. To anybody who is considering joining as an aircraft tech, dive in with both feet and go for it. It's tough but extremely interesting and it's very satisfying when you look back on how far you have come throughout the course. Now the real work starts for me!

Thanks again!

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Well done bigjd. 47 years on I can still remember my pride at my passing out parade from Swinderby (Phase 1) but little about leaving Hereford at the end of Phase 2, other than struggling to get kit bag, suitcase, hand luggage etc on to the train heading for Lincolnshire. Nevertheless, I never regretted joining and I hope you feel the same in 40 years time! Go for it & enjoy every experience the service offers you.

bigjd

LAC
Well done bigjd. 47 years on I can still remember my pride at my passing out parade from Swinderby (Phase 1) but little about leaving Hereford at the end of Phase 2, other than struggling to get kit bag, suitcase, hand luggage etc on to the train heading for Lincolnshire. Nevertheless, I never regretted joining and I hope you feel the same in 40 years time! Go for it & enjoy every experience the service offers you.
Thank you! I'm off to depth maintenance on typhoon, which is what I chose. Can't wait to get started now, had some great laughs on P2 but it's such a long slog time get through.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Thank you! I'm off to depth maintenance on typhoon, which is what I chose. Can't wait to get started now, had some great laughs on P2 but it's such a long slog time get through.

A long slog?

Try spending over 2yrs of your career at Tossford including Basic Engineering, Technician Training, Cross Training and then all the Promotional Elements as well.....😂👍

bigjd

LAC
A long slog?

Try spending over 2yrs of your career at Tossford including Basic Engineering, Technician Training, Cross Training and then all the Promotional Elements as well.....😂👍
Well my course started last April so it's been long enough. Safe to say I'm ready to leave this place now 😂😂

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Well my course started last April so it's been long enough. Safe to say I'm ready to leave this place now 😂😂
Well, enjoy yourself as you've earned it.

Only go back there on Promotion to NCO and above, Sports or if you want to be a proper throbber and Instruct.

bigjd

LAC
Well, enjoy yourself as you've earned it.

Only go back there on Promotion to NCO and above, Sports or if you want to be a proper throbber and Instruct.
Yeah I had a good natter with some of the cpls on their NCO course the other week. At least wouldn't be here as a P2 trainee! Bit of a sore head this morning after a night out on the piss last night, doing it again tonight and then buggering off tomorrow 😂😂

fourteen2two

Corporal
I was posted there as a Cpl instructorthen stayed after getting my third. I enjoyed it. It's not everyone' s cup of tea.
We bought a house as quarters were not up to much. Wife pursued her nursing career ending up in management.
We both did higher education part time. I left in 96 to work in FE. Now both happily retired. Worked well for us.

bigjd

LAC
Go on admit it…you miss St Anne’s and Wavertree Rd on a Saturday night!
Oh I definitely miss dealing with scrotes all day! Definitely haven't enjoyed two consecutive nights on the piss, more than I would manage in a year in my old job 😂😂😂