• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Erwin Cairns

It is with great regreat that I have just learnt of the passing of Erwin Cairns.
He was a true gentleman and, as ex WO TG9, an inspiration to many who met him or worked with him.

My sympathies go out to his family

FOMz

Warrant Officer
RIP Erwin.

You were a great bloke and I'll always remember the chat we had at Uxbridge all those years ago putting me on the straight and narrow, when you were WO TG9 you always fought our corner and had time for everyone.

A sad sad loss.

M

maxliverpool

erwin

erwin

first met erwin when i was very small as my uncle and him where at northern radar together, when i joined every posting i had i came into contact with him. he was always fun generous of his time and advice and i think all round a gentleman. a legend in our trade who will be missed by all who new him. my regards and condolences to the family. Max

P

POB

Like many others have said, and will say...Erwin was a true gentleman, and about as well known in the trade as it's possible to be.

He was a part of my career from TTF (My instructor) through many meetings around the world. The first man to congratulate me on my third, the birth of my daughter and many other things. A sad day for the trade. He was a part of my life in the RAF. Sadly missed.

Condolences to family and friends alike.

D

Donald Rumsfeld

A smashing bloke, and a good example to all of us.
RIP.

W

What's the bloody point?

I still remember his imortal words to me after the Met Exam at TTF;

EC "It's a pass but that's all it is laddie!"

I got 60%.

As others have said, a gent and a great loss.