• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Enter button doesnt start a new line...

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
I seem to have developed a problem in that, to put it basically, whenever I hit my "enter" button to start a fresh line or paragraph it doesn't - the cursor point blank refuses to move down or start that new line. It's a complete pain in the 'arris and I can't for the life of me work out what's causing it. It is only associated with this forum and this forum alone. Anyone got any similar problems or maybe even got any ideas why it's happening? :pDT_Xtremez_38:

I seem to have developed a problem in that, to put it basically, whenever I hit my "enter" button to start a fresh line or paragraph it doesn't - the cursor point blank refuses to move down or start that new line. It's a complete pain in the 'arris and I can't for the life of me work out what's causing it. It is only associated with this forum and this forum alone. Anyone got any similar problems or maybe even got any ideas why it's happening? :pDT_Xtremez_38:
I fully concur with the above statement with the minor adaption that it happens to me in all forums, i cannot post in any forum and get the carriage return (enter key to work). the only way of starting a new line is to use the mouse and click where i want to start typing.Like this (CLick) DAMM IT that doesnt work either!!!!

Last edited:

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I only experience that problem if using IGS.

Your not running Internet Explorer 3 with Windows 92 are you?

I've got the same problem here ... on IE 8, on DII.

Compatibility mode doesn't work for me.

Any double spacing or new line (Enter / Shift & Enter) are removed on clicking "Submit Reply" or "Preview Post".

Last edited by a moderator:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
It looks like it's a profile setting that you need to change.

Click Settings (Top Right of screen)

General Settings (LHS)

Scroll down to Misc Options

At Message Editor Interface select Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls

Save changes.

(Sent from DII using IE8)

Xchen

LAC
It looks like it's a profile setting that you need to change.Click Settings (Top Right of screen)General Settings (LHS)Scroll down to Misc OptionsAt Message Editor Interface select Standard Editor - Extra Formatting ControlsSave changes. (Sent from DII using IE8)
Thought it was just me - Cheers MC.

Lets give this a try thenok seems to be working, but wont know till i post thistry againok thats got itcheers peeps, all sorted