• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English and E-goat.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Couldn't decide whether this was tech support or e-goat related or even "What Grips my ****"

Where are the spell check controls on e-goat?

I know that ILLBW will spell check anything you write anyway BUT I posted the word COLOUR on another thread and the red line of stupidity appeared below it.

Confused I typed in COLOR with no red line of stupidity. Now is there a control anywhere that places my English checker back in the realms of the commonwealth and not with our Johnny foreigner friends from across the Atlantic?:pDT_Xtremez_32: :pDT_Xtremez_15:

PS If it's somewhere obvious I'll draw a red line of stupidity under myself:pDT_Xtremez_42:

tats

Sergeant
I don't think its part of the forum as my computer does it on anything I type on the internet not just here, but it is American English not UK English, probably due to Microsoft being American.

insty66

Corporal
What browser are you using?

I'm on firefox and it spell checks in american so I ignore it and spell colour the correct way!

Don't know what IE does though.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
What browser are you using?

I'm on firefox and it spell checks in american so I ignore it and spell colour the correct way!

Don't know what IE does though.

That'll be the problem then. Just tried them both and it seems that Firefox has an incorrect dictionary loaded. Now I must go to the computer support section and ask who knows how to sort it. Bloody Americans.... At least I didn't go with my first instinct which was to launch an all out slagging of the admins for not noticing the fact....lol...phew..

Thankyou insty66 always count on a fairy even if they obviously started on the wrong third of Avionics...:pDT_Xtremez_31:

MingMong

Warrant Officer
In the message reply box, there is a button (top right) with an ABC and a tick, this is a spell checking button. I'm pretty sure you have to download the dictionary and the spell check software on your system, so won't work on an IGS machine.
I'm not sure if the dictionary for that is american, UK or user definable though, i'll give it a look when I get home.

Penguins Suck

Snap yous spine
1000+ Posts
Couldn't decide whether this was tech support or e-goat related or even "What Grips my ****"

Where are the spell check controls on e-goat?

I know that ILLBW will spell check anything you write anyway BUT I posted the word COLOUR on another thread and the red line of stupidity appeared below it.

Confused I typed in COLOR with no red line of stupidity. Now is there a control anywhere that places my English checker back in the realms of the commonwealth and not with our Johnny foreigner friends from across the Atlantic?:pDT_Xtremez_32: :pDT_Xtremez_15:

PS If it's somewhere obvious I'll draw a red line of stupidity under myself:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Right yous listen if yous kneed to use a spell checkers yous are thik as mints.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Try Tools > Internet Options then near the bottom of the general tab there is a languages option where you can add or remove languages.

I'm not sure if that affects the spell checker though.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I've sussed it.
Firefox had installed Johnny Yankee doodle dandy rubbish.
It was in the Add ons bit I had to wander off to their website to get a copy of the Queens English.

And Now...

COLOUR

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
That'll be the problem then. Just tried them both and it seems that Firefox has an incorrect dictionary loaded. Now I must go to the computer support section and ask who knows how to sort it. Bloody Americans.... At least I didn't go with my first instinct which was to launch an all out slagging of the admins for not noticing the fact....lol...phew..

Thankyou insty66 always count on a fairy even if they obviously started on the wrong third of Avionics...:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Please advise when you find the English english setup for Firefox; I hate spelling in Yank (took me a while to get Word to do it right).

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
You could always spell it in Klingon, apparently.

klingon.jpg