• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Cricketer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wgaf

Just a quick question for the cricket fans. Who was the England cricketer who died on the pitch a few years ago? If memory serves me right he was a bowler who had a heart attack whilst on tour in the southern hemisphere can't remember if it was an England or county tour.
Ta.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Just a quick question for the cricket fans. Who was the England cricketer who died on the pitch a few years ago? If memory serves me right he was a bowler who had a heart attack whilst on tour in the southern hemisphere can't remember if it was an England or county tour.
Ta.

The only one I can think of wgaf is Adam Hollioak who died in a car crash in Australia a few years back.

W

wgaf

Thanks fella but Hollioak isn't the one one I was thinking of, this one was a bowler who actually died on the pitch, it would've been the late 80's IIRC.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Reckon Gazt70 could be right as I can't think of another incident such as this. Injuried whilst playing there have been a few Sid Lawerence broken leg, Simon Jones knee cap etc.

Just out of curiousity why did you need this information wgaf.

W

wgaf

Reckon Gazt70 could be right as I can't think of another incident such as this. Injuried whilst playing there have been a few Sid Lawerence broken leg, Simon Jones knee cap etc.

Just out of curiousity why did you need this information wgaf.
I was just having a gas with a mate about cricket and we could both remember the episode but couldn't remember who was involved. My mate is a middlesex fan and swore blind it was a middlesex player who died, Slack was indeed a middlesex player.

P

Pan Warrior

Twenty20 spectacular set to start

Twenty20 spectacular set to start

This year's Twenty20 Cup extravaganza starts on Friday with nine games taking place in front of packed grounds.
Former England one-day captain Adam Hollioake, who has ended his retirement for the event, is set to play for Essex Eagles against Sussex Sharks.

Sri Lankan Sanath Jayasuriya will play for Lancashire Lightning while Muttiah Muralitharan turns out for his country.

Leicestershire are appealing for a helicopter to help dry out the pitch for their opener against Yorkshire.

With the first Twenty20 World Cup in September, home-grown players and overseas stars will all aim to impress.

And as usual tickets have been selling fast with many grounds reporting sell-outs as the off-the-field entertainment adds to the fans' enjoyment.

Strictly Come Dancing star Mark Ramprakash and Just the Two of Us contestant Mark Butcher launched Surrey Brown Caps' Twenty20 campaign with a parody of their celebrity television performances and have helped sell more than 100,000 tickets for their matches.

Darren Gough's return to Yorkshire Phoenix has ensured a sell-out crowd at Headingley for the clash against rivals Lancashire Lightning on Monday 25 June.

full article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/6222036.stm

Status
Not open for further replies.