• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eng v Aus ODI's

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Well looks like yet again England gonna throw away a golden opportunity......feckwits the lot of them !!

Crack on..........................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
The Aussies batted and to be honest got more than they deserved (about 40 more than deserved) with a spurt at the end, but the total was not out of England's reach but yet again crap running and overall crap batsmen meant they lost on the final ball (needed 6 off last ball with sidebottom batting = NO CHANCE).

The original post was posted with about 15 overs to go......could just see the way it was going............oh well roll on Sunday to the next defeat......

Crack on......................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
I want to know why when we are chasing 13 from the last over Ryan Sidebottom decides to leave the 4th ball?????????? :pDT_Xtremez_09:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Oh another fantastic result .....how much worse can they get ?

Crack on....................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
As long as they persist with Bopara opening, they will struggle. He is a good batsman, but fails to provide the fast start at the top of the innings, where 60 off the first 10 overs is the bare minimum needed in order to reach a competitive total. We have an opener in Strauss who will build an innings - we need a pinch hitter to accompany him, with a strike rate of over 100.

At the moment, the obvious choices to me are Luke Wright or Matt Prior - both batsmen will "get on with it". Bopara should be used at No 6, when the field is spread, to nudge his 1s & 2s.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
The best of action today was when they panned up and there was the Lancaster......should have dropped a bomb on the ground....done us all a favour.

Crack on......................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Well looks like more of the same sh1te today....only difference is that England get to bat first and then Australia will be able to get the small target set. (although sidebottom is actually doing well ....for him !!!)

Prove me wrong !!!

Crack on...............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Well Australia just about to win the third one day international..........have to say a very poor England side yet again

Oh well all over (bar the shouting)

All over.........total shower of sh1t as england always are lost yet again !!
Crack on.......................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Last edited:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
So thats how you successfully chase a total.

The first two games had me wondering if it was possible.....

TrickyTree

Sergeant
I read this in the Telegraph today, which I think goes a long way to explaining our current failings in the 50 over format. To give up playing in domestically is utterly beyond belief, I think.

I've got tickets for both matches this week in Nottingham, I've had them since October last year, but I'm not expecting great things. Last year however, again in a floodlit fixure, England had South Africa beaten even before the lights were switched on!

I think we're doing OK in Tests (we do hold the Ashes) but in the shoter formats we're pretty p1$$ poor, really.