• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

End of Tax discsc

Sniffer

Super Moderator
It will also give a certain MPGS Chod at an RAF Lincs Unit one less thing to worry about. Nothing puts me in a better mood than the first conversation of the day being with someone asking me if I am aware I only have a month left on my car tax. Throbber!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
It will also give a certain MPGS Chod at an RAF Lincs Unit one less thing to worry about. Nothing puts me in a better mood than the first conversation of the day being with someone asking me if I am aware I only have a month left on my car tax. Throbber!

Sounds similar to a 'retired' MPGS screampipe up at ISL.

stereolab

Station Cashier
Sounds similar to a 'retired' MPGS screampipe up at ISL.

Next time it happens, say you were not aware actually, switch your engine off, and walk very slowly round to the disc, fumble for your glasses,ask him what todays date is,and agree how many days remain, a nice queue will be forming, I don't think it will happen again.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Next time it happens, say you were not aware actually, switch your engine off, and walk very slowly round to the disc, fumble for your glasses,ask him what todays date is,and agree how many days remain, a nice queue will be forming, I don't think it will happen again.

alternative just smile and ask him if he realizes that there is a real world out there he could go and work in.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

back on point its a brilliant idea and i can believe it's taken this long to get around to it.

Last edited:

dkh51250

Sergeant
Slightly off topic, however, it does involve MPGS. Visiting a North Yorkshire airbase earlier this week, are these creatures aware that they are the first contact many people have with the Royal Air Force? The manner in which one of them spoke to a removals man who had visited the unit before, would have had me offloading the vehicle in the bay outside passes and permits. It should be made abundantly clear to the MPGS that they are dealing with civilians, the fact that they have a stripe does not release them from the obligation to use good manners.

timaloy

Corporal
There's no real need for it anyway everything is computerized even the old bill don't check em they get it done through the computer

G

Gord

Here in the wilds of Ontario we have the choice of 1 or 2 yr stickers that you put on the top right corner of your rear licence plate. These are florescent so that they stand out against the white background and expire on your birthday. They have have the month and year of validity printed on them. These too are becoming somewhat silly as there are locations now where the police cruisers are equipped with cameras that are connected to a computer that automatically runs your plate to see if it's valid and if it belongs on the car to which it is attached, it merely requires activation by the driver of the cruiser and can process hundreds of cars an hour. If it spots an Oh Oh, it notifies the copper and he does what all good little coppers do.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
There's no real need for it anyway everything is computerized even the old bill don't check em they get it done through the computer

That's no fun....

...I like to identify the miscreants as I walk past the parked cars in Cambridge and write "tax me today" in the crud on the back of the car.