• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Early Termination and Return of Service

campbells

LAC
Hello

I’m after a bit of advice regarding Early Termination. I submitted my ET in December and it finally made it to manning last week. Manning have now told me I cannot leave before June 2018 due to a Return of Service from the date of the course I attended. On a side note, I have had a firm job offer, which is why I submitted the ET.

I was told when I arrived at my section that there was a 3-year return of service, but I was told it was 3 years from posting in date, which would be December 2017. After looking in to things a bit more, I read the AP and DIN and it states that I should have filled in an Annex of the AP/DIN. I wasn’t asked by anyone from my management or manning to do this. So, there is nothing on my JPA to reflect a RoS date, which is why I was able to put December 2017 as my preferred termination date.

I’m off to see the Chf Clk tomorrow for some advice and he can hopefully sort it out. But if he can’t, does anyone know where I should seek advice from next?

Thanks in advance

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
There is a 3 year RoS from the end of phase 2 training; you indicate another course you have undertaken, what was that? Normally there is no 'get out' to the 3 year RoS without exceptional circumstances.

campbells

LAC
The course is listed in the Return of Service AP. My argument is, I will have completed 3 years in post by my out date but they won't let me go until the date I started the course. The AP also states that I should have signed some paperwork agreeing to the RoS but I wasn't given the paperwork so I haven't signed anything.

Dazzy26

Corporal
The course is listed in the Return of Service AP. My argument is, I will have completed 3 years in post by my out date but they won't let me go until the date I started the course. The AP also states that I should have signed some paperwork agreeing to the RoS but I wasn't given the paperwork so I haven't signed anything.

Can't comment on the course you have taken as don't know what it is. However personnel that apply for our course have to read an AP3392 leaflet that refers them to the RoS JSP. Completion of the job application states that is acknowledgement of the RoS requirements.

campbells

LAC
Can't comment on the course you have taken as don't know what it is. However personnel that apply for our course have to read an AP3392 leaflet that refers them to the RoS JSP. Completion of the job application states that is acknowledgement of the RoS requirements.

Which is fair, it's been explained to the applicant. I was posted in to this job, there was no application or interview. Just "Service Needs", you're going here.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So who have you sought advice and guidance from aside from here to date?

campbells

LAC
So who have you sought advice and guidance from aside from here to date?

So far I've spoken to my FS, Sqn WO and chf clk. Chf Clk is going to do some digging, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on who else I could seek advice from.

Thanks

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
So far I've spoken to my FS, Sqn WO and chf clk. Chf Clk is going to do some digging, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on who else I could seek advice from.

Thanks

Let the Chief Clerk do his stuff - he is the SME for all stuff administration based.