• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

E-Goats Very Own Back To Your Childhood!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katinthehat

Ok - those of us who listen to Planet Rock will know about the "Back To Your Childhood" feature, so I thought it would be interesting to find out what everyone here would pick!!

Four tracks that got you into Rock!
Simple?? Er.... no!!

Mine?
Back to the days of Youth Clubs and my cousins playing singles VERY loudly through the walls!!

1 - Fool For Your Loving - Whitesnake
2 - Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC
3 - All Night Long - Rainbow
4 - Tricky one.... think it would have to either be Stairway To Heaven - Led Zep, or Black Night - Deep Purple!!!!!!

So - what about the rest of you??

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
That's easy

1. Wrathchild - Iron Maiden
2. Dirty Deeds - AC/DC
3. The Ace of Spades - Motorhead
4. Pulling Teeth - Metallica

B

Buphoonery

#1 Paranoid - Black Sabbath
#2 Dirty Deeds - AC/DC
#3 Long Live Rock'N'Roll - Rainbow
.....And #4...surprisingly?......Anarchy In The UK - Sex Pistols

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Ok - those of us who listen to Planet Rock will know about the "Back To Your Childhood" feature, so I thought it would be interesting to find out what everyone here would pick!!

Four tracks that got you into Rock!
Simple?? Er.... no!!
Oh boy.....
The Osmonds - Crazy horses ! (Fcuk off before you start)
The sweet - Ballroom blitz.
Suzi Quattro - Devil gate drive.
Zeppelin - Whole lotta love (Theme music to TOTP for sooo many years)

K

katinthehat

Wow SB!!
Some great choices there!!
I remember my uncle (hes 14 years older than me!) had a big thing about Suzi Q! I got into stuff like that when I was very young, as it was all I heard at the time. Cant really say it got me into rock - perhaps it gave me a good start though!!!!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Wow SB!!
Some great choices there!!
I remember my uncle (hes 14 years older than me!) had a big thing about Suzi Q! I got into stuff like that when I was very young, as it was all I heard at the time. Cant really say it got me into rock - perhaps it gave me a good start though!!!!

One piece LEATHER motor cycle suit :pDT_Xtremez_17:
..... developing teen :pDT_Xtremez_15:
.... nuff said :pDT_Xtremez_30:

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
4. Pulling Teeth - Metallica

Interesting choice there roverboy.

Here's my 4. It's a potted history of my changing tastes.

Suzi Quattro: Can the Can (seen on Saturday Swapshop when I was VERY young)
Queen: Death On Two Legs (when I was 8 this was as 'rock' as it got in our house)
Iron Maiden: 2 Minutes to Midnight (discovered that louder IS better!)
Metallica: Fade to Black (my gentle intro to proper music)

K

katinthehat

One piece LEATHER motor cycle suit :pDT_Xtremez_17:
..... developing teen :pDT_Xtremez_15:
.... nuff said :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Yeah - think that was my Uncle's obsession too!!!
He has always been a big biker - and so she was his ideal lady!!
Must admit to being a closet Glam fan though - it is what I remember bopping around to as a wee small thing - or at least - my Mum says I did!!!

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Isn't this a repat of a thread that was done a few days ago?

HERE

If you are going to spam the music forum then at least keep it interesting and original.
So far i'm staring to regret creating it, you are really testing my passion for music!

G

grumpyoldb

So far i'm staring to regret creating it, you are really testing my passion for music!

Come on then, MingMong, give us a taste of your passion for music.
Tell us what you listen to. It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd

HERE

If you are going to spam the music forum then at least keep it interesting and original.

So merge them, that's what normally happens isn't it? There's obviously people who want to chat about rock music, so why not let us?

B

Buphoonery

I see it as two separate threads, the replies prove that. It's a music forum lodged within the playground where like minded people can talk about their passion about music away from the main forums. Just let us get on with it - we ain't bothering anybody............

Mind you I could start a thread about how to make coffee..............................

G

grumpyoldb

I see it as two separate threads, the replies prove that. It's a music forum lodged within the playground where like minded people can talk about their passion about music away from the main forums. Just let us get on with it - we ain't bothering anybody............

Mind you I could start a thread about how to make coffee..............................

Then you'd keep us all awake. Can't have that! Lol.

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Showing my age a bit but here goes:

Oh Well Pts 1 & 2 - Fleetwood Mac.
Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin.
Black Night - Deep Purple.
Gypsy - Uriah Heep.

S

Seymour Tw@tt

1. Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

2. Bowie again - Suffragette City

3. Hawkwind - Silver machine

4. Bolan - Children of the Revolution

Divine tracks one and all - Bowie might have been into the glam rock side of things but f*ck me were those tracks fantastic to a pre-teen rebel...

:pDT_Xtremez_32:

G

gemarriott

Strawbs ---------- part of the union
Steppenwolf ------- born to be wild
Ozzy ----------------Paranoid
dave Clark 5 ------Glad all over

K

katinthehat

HERE

Totally different - as the replies prove.
Now - want to post yours???
If not - leave us to play in peace!
And have a listen to PR's Back To Your Childhood" feature if you want the idea of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.