• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

e-goat rugby shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

auchtermuchty

Ok folks,

I did try to PM Wobbly on this subject but didnt get a response, so I'll ask the great unwashed!

Would I be stepping on anyones toes if I drew up some designs for the goats own rugby shirts?

I would be looking to run this similar to Mad_Mo's cufflinks i.e. ordering when a trigger number is reached (and prepaid!!). I have no idea currently on costs as it will depend on quality/style/colours selected. (Obviously there would be a small surcharge towards the goats charity pot)

I am willing to consider colour suggestions(one main colour and up to two trim colours - serious ones please) and then i'll come up with 3 designs that will then be put to a vote on here.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Sounds like a cracking idea to me......Surprised Wobbly didn't reply he is normally very quick to reply......

If it goes ahead i'll have a couple !!

Crack on.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Count me in and remember to include a surcharge for the Nick Lock Appeal?

I did a similar thing a few years ago, and the best tip I can give you, is be ruthless with the suppliers, and seriously think about getting the shirts from one supplier and getting the embroidery done at another.

Flamingo Pink ones for the Mods?

Jimps

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Yes you would.

Nice and direct as always Fomz....any particular reason ? One of you lot already doing such a project but taking WAY to long to produce it ?

Still a cracking idea to produce great items and some cash for the goat and nick !

Crack on whatever.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
No TM. There are more issues than you could imagine that need to be sorted with this. We've got a shirt design - its the rest of the stuff thats a headache.............

Its not as simple as getting a shirt and smacking an e-goat emblem on it I'm afraid. When its sorted, we'll let you know.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
No TM. There are more issues than you could imagine that need to be sorted with this. We've got a shirt design - its the rest of the stuff thats a headache.............

Its not as simple as getting a shirt and smacking an e-goat emblem on it I'm afraid. When its sorted, we'll let you know.

OK Fomz, thanks for letting us know.........the original idea sounded good but obviously this secret venture has been in the pipeline for a while.

Im sure that anyone could organise to get a shirt and smack an e-goat emblem on it but i'm guessing there is a problem with cost or some other obscure reason (can't see copyright, trademark etc being a problem).

Oh well just keep us informed and we'll be happy(ish)

Crack on...............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

A

auchtermuchty

OK FOMz,

Thats why I asked and maybe if we had a notice board with upcoming attractions, this wouldnt have happened.

Now I'm intrigued as to why it isnt that easy? It is when a club buys its kit! whats the difference?

Either way I'm willing to do the legwork on this, just let me know.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
For those interested - here's the design we're working on - simple and classy. The Goat emblem is a different matter!!

Last edited:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
For those interested - here's the design we're working on - simple and classy. The Goat emblem is a different matter!!

As soon as i saw it I thought "England" shirt......

Oh well will await the final version before i make my mind up.

Crack on................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
As soon as i saw it I thought "England" shirt......

Oh well will await the final version before i make my mind up.

Crack on................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

I see what you mean. I presume the colour scheme is reflect the RAF roundel colours. What about red, white & blue horizontal stripes? That'll keep our celtic/gaelic members happy. :pDT_Xtremez_15:

PS. Put me down for one in any case. XL please or if they're the tight 'muscle top' type I'll have an XXL. Ta!

Last edited:
C

Comms_Lad

Just been having a look at their site and see what you mean its great if you just want colours and numbers, but sh1te if you want logo.

http://www.badger-rugby.com/

found this site though you send them the design and how many you want they tell you the price.

Hope it helps

FOMz

Warrant Officer
The problem does not lie with the actual embrodery of the E-Goat logo, but is being dealt with. Fear not.

More info when we've got it.

Z

Zeebad

Funny old thing TM, I thought exactly the same. As an idea for colour, heres a brainstormer; Why not have one roughly the same colour as the real RAF 1st xv with maybe a quirky little canterbury logo basterdised with goats!... Anyway it's just a thought, I would hate something like this to turn into 2012 5 rings fiasco. Well done Auchter M for stepping up to the mark. I am quite passionite about rugby and even still lace the boots up and if this is promoting the sport and being used to help people I say "start your engines".

K

Kernow

Put me down for one once they are ready.

Last edited:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Just my opinion, but I'm not sure about the colour scheme. Can we have it more blue or red dominant instead of white? I'd prefer long sleeves as well, I've got plenty of short sleeved polo shirts!!

K

Kernow

Just my opinion, but I'm not sure about the colour scheme. Can we have it more blue or red dominant instead of white? I'd prefer long sleeves as well, I've got plenty of short sleeved polo shirts!!

Off Topic I suppose you will want 'I'm a Member of the Jerry Springer Fan Club' on the back :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Status
Not open for further replies.