• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

E-Equipment charities

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mini TB is, to be blunt, a proper geek and new stuff to aid him in his continuing bid to take over the e-world arrives at Christmas. His room is awash with many many bits of geekness, keyboards, PC,s, spare towers, wires for doing stuff and connecting things to other things, various monitors etc. etc. Having looked around the web there doesn't seem to be a charity organisation who cater for the redistribution of this kind of stuff so any recommendations from the goat community, I'm loathe to ditch serviceable stuff when it could perhaps be off use to others.

Ronsuddes

SAC
Mini TB is, to be blunt, a proper geek and new stuff to aid him in his continuing bid to take over the e-world arrives at Christmas. His room is awash with many many bits of geekness, keyboards, PC,s, spare towers, wires for doing stuff and connecting things to other things, various monitors etc. etc. Having looked around the web there doesn't seem to be a charity organisation who cater for the redistribution of this kind of stuff so any recommendations from the goat community, I'm loathe to ditch serviceable stuff when it could perhaps be off use to others.

Put everything in a box and take it to an auction - if you tell the auctioneer the proceeds are for charity he may waive his commission. Your gear may be used again rather than thrown out by a charity shop as they can't sell it.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Look at donating to a local childrens' hospice / home / hospital.

Digzster

Sergeant
Tinbasher, make sure that you scrub any hard disk drives with a good program so you don't inadvertently pass on your personal info to any buyer.

ChiprafP -- surprised you missed that one! :pDT_Xtremez_15: Education Education Education.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Tinbasher, make sure that you scrub any hard disk drives with a good program so you don't inadvertently pass on your personal info to any buyer.

ChiprafP -- surprised you missed that one! :pDT_Xtremez_15: Education Education Education.
He didn't mention hard drives I assumed he was sensible and would never give those away even after wiping!

Plus i don't care about him he bullies me!

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
TB,

My lads school here at Carterton is desperately after computer kit for their IT lessons so I would happilly take it as a donation if thats OK?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Or you could just fly tip it like everyone else does in the West Mids... ;) :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Bully Chip, give it to Pen or just fly tip it choices, choices and it was going to be such an easy day.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Ex Bay is involved with Spacies in your neck of the woods, he may be interested.