• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DWR Policy Help

dirtygc

LAC
Hi. Can any of you kind HR type people verify where DWR policy is stated. In particular, if a Serviceman/woman is on his/her last tour before discharge (end of engagement) at what point do they become exempt from DWR, regardless of their position on the DWR list. Are terminal leave, resettlement (full 35 days) etc etc, taken into consideration?

Official chapter and verse would be nice.

Thanks.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I think it's reasonable to suggest that if you PVR and you haven't done an OOA recently, then expect to get the final shafting before you leave!

KingGuin

Sergeant
I would be better placed to answer if you gave me a wee bit more info.

How long do you have left?
When you say last tour, do you actually mean last tour? (That part is irrelevant anyway, I'm just interested).
How old are you?
When did you last go OOA?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I think it's reasonable to suggest that if you PVR and you haven't done an OOA recently, then expect to get the final shafting before you leave!

That did indeed happen to a friend of mine. Had a job lined up and everything but they still made him attend the relevant PDT before sticking him with 1435 in MPA.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Normally

Normally

Subject to the needs of the Service (see what they've done there) then you should not normally be going out of area in your last 12 months of a normal exit, this doesn't mean they won't send you out with 12 months and one day to go.

In fact it doesn't mean that they won't send you out anyway, if your trade is max demand or on a formed unit you could reasonably expect to DWR'd.

If you feel wronged or that you shouldn't go ask them why they have chosen you.

I felt safe when I entered my last 15 months, they never sent me when I volunteered twice and I've got other priorities now.

I'd also PM KG as he could probably find you a more detailed answer.

Good Luck.

dirtygc

LAC
Thanks for the replies, and all those that fancy a good read the gen can be found (courtesy of KG) in AP3392 Vol 2, Leaflet 1511, Annex B and (apparently) in MSI Vol 3 Part 2 Chapter 20. I say apparently as I haven't got a clue what or where that second reference comes from. As usual the pubs library search function comes up with diddly squat.

Any pointers to what the acronym 'MSI' stands for would be appreciated.

Thanks.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Thanks for the replies, and all those that fancy a good read the gen can be found (courtesy of KG) in AP3392 Vol 2, Leaflet 1511, Annex B and (apparently) in MSI Vol 3 Part 2 Chapter 20. I say apparently as I haven't got a clue what or where that second reference comes from. As usual the pubs library search function comes up with diddly squat.

Thanks.

Manning Staff Instructions I believe.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant

Thanks.

I think it's either Manning Staff Instructions or Management Staff Instructions; either way, unless you work in HQ Air you are unlikely to see them. AP3392 is a valid reference and should tell you all you need to know but remeember, the requirements of the service will always prevail over these references.

D

dixieblues

PMA don't always stick it to you.

I was on my notice of DWR and was expecting to go in Nov 10. I put my notice in on my 22yr point and it was accepted. My exit date was choosen to include me completing my OOA. Plan was to go OOA come back and be on leave until I left, no more uniform. I gave 14months notice.

To my utter surprise and shock, PMA cancelled my DWR. I was fully expecting to have to complete this DWR before leaving, hence all my exit plans were based around the DWR date. The reason I was given and the way I have understood it is, I would not have 12months in country when I got back, therefore cancelled.

I have been lucky that PMA have done this. I've heard so many stories about people having to complete their DWR's before leaving, I was truly expecting the same thing to happen to me.