• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driving Qualification Question

Robby

Corporal
Just a quick question to the MT world from a confused stacker.

I hold three different RTITB Fork lift licences - Counter Balanced, Rough Terrain and Reach Tier, whilst I don't use them every week I try and keep my hand in when I can so to speak.
The rumour/word on the street at the moment is that these are useless in civvy street because the RAF/MoD no longer pays a 'subscription' to the RTITB authority. Is this true and are our licences useless in civvy street? Whilst I may not want to be a full time forklift driver on the outside it is another string to my bow and I would like to keep them current if possible whilst being reluctant to use my resettlement money to renew them.

If anyone can give me the definitive answer on this it would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
Not in but work in ciive strasse in transport

As I understand it the RTITB is the training body used by the RAF
You have passed the course and have your license or certificates showing that you have taken and passed the course.
You don't have to subscribe to keep them.
You wouldn't have the subscription once you leave the RAF anyway but you would still have the license.

We use RTITB instructors but I've not heard of a subscription being paid
Maybe it's just something the RAF does?

snowball1

Sergeant
No life to them,but the rtitb suggest you do a refresher every few years,but that isnt compulsory, I got the info from the rtitb board as our local forks instructor tried telling us that we had to redo for civvy street.

Big Jock

SAC
Subscriber
If a person is a RTITB qualified forklift instructor and teaches in one place, for example the factory in which he works, then he does not need a subscription with RTITB. He issues a locally produced certificate/card and puts his name and RTITB instructor number on it. If he wishes to operate as a freelance forklift instructor teaching anyone anywhere and wants to be able to give successful candidates a RTITB operators certificate/card, then he is required to pay an annual subscription to RTITB.
If an operator leaves the RAF and goes for a job in civvy street as an operator, you will normally be required to prove that you have either been using forklifts regularly in the past 12 months or that you have been re-certified in the last twelve months.

Robby

Corporal
Many Thanks for the updates, shame the MT sections are giving different info out!

Thanks again