• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Double standards

C

cyder

More than 170 dead today in Iraq blasts. Probably the same number tomorrow and the next day and the one after that............

30 dead in the USA is the top news story...........

Thats me banned from e goat I bet.

Report the truth.

M

monobrow

I doubt it would get you banned from e-goat, but I think what you'e trying to get at is the media's reporting on it.

Someone killing 30 people in the USA going postal on em, is a front page story, because it's out of the ordinary, unfortunately, soldiers dying on the front line is day in day out stuff for them, so they shun it to the back.

It's a travesty, the amount killed and wounded daily on ops, however, the way the media report on it is their choice.

fatbaldchief

Corporal
More than 170 dead today in Iraq blasts. Probably the same number tomorrow and the next day and the one after that............

Report the truth.

A rather blunt statement my friend but I do agree that the loss of an innocent life, either a US student attending lessons or an Iraqi out shopping, is a tragedy.

I also agree that the media coverage and the statements from various leaders with regards to the mental breakdown of a young man and the subsequent massacre seems to be rather inproportionate to the amount of time devoted to reporting innocent deaths during organised massacres in Iraq and Afganistan.

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts

Report the truth.

And why on Earth do you think it would get you banned???????????????

M

mad_mo

And why on Earth do you think it would get you banned???????????????

I think Cyder is refering to his comments that I edited in the Virginia Campus Massacre thread. Edited for being very insenitive and which attracted two complaints to me via PM.

C

cyder

Just as an update

Up to 200 killed in Baghdad bombs BBC web site.

Banned because My last statment on the USA college deaths had been edited.

Iraq 4 years on is bad news and it seems that everyone likes to hide the news that folks are dieing out there. I've been there maybe I have a problem that needs seeing too.

The press and government seem to use everything to hide the problems in Iraq I just wish the deaths in Iraq were front page everyday then some one might wake up and sort out the problem the USA and the UK started.

My RAF notice is in because I can't go back out there again simple but true.

The cold war was so much more fun.

This is going to be my final post (days to do) Cheers guys good heath and good luck to you all.

Last edited:

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Just as an update

Up to 200 killed in Baghdad bombs BBC web site.

Banned because My last statment on the USA college deaths had been edited.

Iraq 4 years on is bad news and it seems that everyone likes to hide the news that folks are dieing out there. I've been there maybe I have a problem that needs seeing too.

The press and government seem to use everything to hide the problems in Iraq I just wish the deaths in Iraq were front page everyday then some one might wake up and sort out the problem the USA and the UK started.

My RAF notice is in because I can't go back out there again simple but true.

The cold war was so much more fun.

This is going to be my final post (days to do) Cheers guys good heath and good luck to you all.

It is a hugh step between a Moderator editing your post because they were causing offence and a ban,

get over it FFS

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
We played the game, but we didn't die. We could have though!!!

How very true, I do not think that the younger members of the RAF realise that, just because we did not come to blows in the Cold War (although it came bloody close a few times), how for 5 decades the world stood on the edge of total nuclear annihilation.

As a very young SAC, I lost count the number of times we were deployed with the Vulcans to be parked on the end of some other station’s runway with 4 aircraft, each armed with a bucket of sunshine and on 15 minutes readiness to go and start Armageddon.

Yes we had lots of practise exercises but we also did it for real a few times and that was never in the media, if it had been it would have scared the British population sh1tless!

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
How very true, I do not think that the younger members of the RAF realise that, just because we did not come to blows in the Cold War (although it came bloody close a few times), how for 5 decades the world stood on the edge of total nuclear annihilation.

As a very young SAC, I lost count the number of times we were deployed with the Vulcans to be parked on the end of some other station’s runway with 4 aircraft, each armed with a bucket of sunshine and on 15 minutes readiness to go and start Armageddon.

Yes we had lots of practise exercises but we also did it for real a few times and that was never in the media, if it had been it would have scared the British population sh1tless!
After a couple of months on my first Vulcan Sqn in the early 70's we had done sh1tloads of practices. After a week spent in a caravan at the end of the runway the crews were scrambled and when they arrived at the aircraft they all looked shaken and a number of them had tears in their eyes. It was only after they were airborne that we realised it was a real shout - luckilly they were soon recalled. Makes you think though eh Captain Slog?

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
Quote "Iraq 4 years on is bad news and it seems that everyone likes to hide the news that folks are dieing out there"

Trust me the news is suppressed far more close to home than that!!

Chaka

Sergeant
Here is an interesting fact I picked up from a US journo on Radio 4 yesterday.

On average ONE HUNDRED people die every day in the US after being shot. :pDT_Xtremez_35: If it was not for the suicide bombers statistically it is safer to live in Iraq!:pDT_Xtremez_35:

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
The media is out for the sensational punchy story, coalition troops die every day, dozens of iraqi civilians die every day, thousands die every day of disease and malnutrition in some parts of the world but until St Geldof or good old Lenny Readnose Henry remind the media or turn it into a media event its not worth it

The death toll in this country every day from RTA's etc is astounding but no longer counts as being headline news.

Have lost my faith in the 'impartial' media reporting now as my blood pressure rises every biased news report i read.

P

POB

Just found this quote: "And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?" - Eddy Izzard

Not sure how I feel about a country that can go mad over a "costume malfuction" (Janet Jackson, and an exposed nipple) and yet still have over 100 deaths by gun shot wound every day! Slightly unusual priorities I think.