• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Discharge?!

G

gemarriott

Hu Jardon said:
Cojer

The best thing to do now is get an appointment with the Chief Clerk - be as open and honest with him as you have been on this forum and he should let you know exactly what your options and timescales are - If you're genuinely unhappy he needs to know ASAP. You are now at the stage where you need professional advice, you've had some good guidance and ideas from this thread but you now needs hard fact and reality to take this forward and to see light at the end of the tunnel

Best of luck

HJ

I'll second that, but let us know how you get on. Good info for the rest of us and a may be useful for others in the future.

As Hu says good luck

E

enginesuck

this Is The Air Force Not The Fair Force, Dry Your Eyes And Soldier On.....

C

Cojer

enginesuck said:
this Is The Air Force Not The Fair Force, Dry Your Eyes And Soldier On.....

And secondly this is an forum where people ask for advice on topics its people like yourself that make me want to leave the raf in the 1st place. 90% of the air force are great people and i have a lot of respect for them. Then the other 10% (Yes, thats the bit you fall into) are self centred and refuse to accept that other people have different out looks on life and go about things in a different way. I have leant to accept the way you people are and choose to ignore it. I strongly suggest that you do the same. Just because i want to leave the RAF, makes me a bad person? I know it doesnt. Also, to add.. what point did i say i would leave the raf by a disgraceful way? I never. Surely by me saying i want to get out the "correct" way...proves to you (not that i need to mind) that i have "Dried my eyes and soldiered on" So i suggest if you are not going to say anything constructive to me then i would wind your neck back in and concentrate on something slightly less complex for your two brain cells to work on, as this topic is obviously way out of your leauge.

gemarriott said:
I'll second that, but let us know how you get on. Good info for the rest of us and a may be useful for others in the future.

As Hu says good luck

The good news is i took your advice and well.. it was somewhat disappointing. Basicly i had a chat with him for about 20mins and basically ive got another 2 years to serve. There is no real way on getting out he said. Seemed like he wasnt really interested. Also went to see OC P1.. she was a little more helpful. Said she would look into and left it at that. She also contacted my WO who dragged me in for a chat. Very sympathetic guy, he is transferring me to shift to help me get home more (4 days on, 4 days off). Thats great for now! He mentioned that i should apply for some jobs, and maybe just maybe the RAF will release me. Very doubtful he said. We will see....

Your thoughts guys?!

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cojer said:
And secondly this is an forum where people ask for advice on topics its people like yourself that make me want to leave the raf in the 1st place. 90% of the air force are great people and i have a lot of respect for them. Then the other 10% (Yes, thats the bit you fall into) are self centred and refuse to accept that other people have different out looks on life and go about things in a different way. I have leant to accept the way you people are and choose to ignore it. I strongly suggest that you do the same. Just because i want to leave the RAF, makes me a bad person? I know it doesnt. Also, to add.. what point did i say i would leave the raf by a disgraceful way? I never. Surely by me saying i want to get out the "correct" way...proves to you (not that i need to mind) that i have "Dried my eyes and soldiered on" So i suggest if you are not going to say anything constructive to me then i would wind your neck back in and concentrate on something slightly less complex for your two brain cells to work on, as this topic is obviously way out of your leauge.

Oh please! I do believe that was meant as a joke.

Engine' didnt call you anything. What he did do was paraphrase what most of the other posters said which was 'get on with it and make the most of the time you have left'.

If you really want to get out quickly, then you know what to do... :pDT_Xtremez_42:

G

gemarriott

Cojer said:
The good news is i took your advice and well.. it was somewhat disappointing. Basicly i had a chat with him for about 20mins and basically ive got another 2 years to serve. There is no real way on getting out he said. Seemed like he wasnt really interested. Also went to see OC P1.. she was a little more helpful. Said she would look into and left it at that. She also contacted my WO who dragged me in for a chat. Very sympathetic guy, he is transferring me to shift to help me get home more (4 days on, 4 days off). Thats great for now! He mentioned that i should apply for some jobs, and maybe just maybe the RAF will release me. Very doubtful he said. We will see....

Your thoughts guys?!

seems like you made some headway. more time off is always welcome. If it is going tobe 2 years I think what some of the other guys have said makes excellent sense. Apply for a few detatchments and get as much experience under different circumstances and in different environments as you can. It will make writing your CV easier and more interesting when you do leave. Give OC P1 a bit of time, say 3 months and then try again.

I really would try a det or two if you can though, you may just find what you think is missing at the moment.

again keep us informed, if you can.

E

enginesuck

Cojer i was joking yesterday, but after your bleating, im thinking fcuk it, if i were your boss id give you teas and keys for your remaining time, and back to back ooa in afghanistan, make a man of you you snivelling maggot.:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Cojer said:
I si. Now, the advice im after is.....

1) Is there anyway of getting a discharge of service? Please bare in mind I like to do things correctly and in the right way. I don’t like messing people around and I definitely won’t pull a fast one like other people have in the past. I just want an honest way of getting out where people wont look back on me and think I was being a total W****R.

Cojer, having read yours posts I think they will most certainly will. Still it could be worse, you could be a Mover................ oh you are, damn shame

T

The Masked Geek

I think we may have to come to realise that we are dealing with one of those twisty little fcukers who can't fit in and blames everyone else, rather than their years of Dungeons and Dragons, for their social ineptitude.

Grow some balls man, going back to an underpayed job just because you don't / can't fit in, is not the answer.

And as for people potentially thinking you are a ******, why does it matter when you'll never see them again?