• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Direct Entrant FS and WO? Would it work?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Initiatives like this will always be criticised, and rarely be Beta tested just in case they happen to work out - or indeed will succeed because they are not allowed to fail.

FS is about the lowest pure junior management rank and FWIW it is possible to selectively slot someone into it with just a core service knowledge - sittting on your arse on successive regular seats year on year doesn't mean you're the better person to fill it, necessarily, and you can always remain mindful of the constraints of a limited experience individual as well as the immense talents they may bring to the game.

I see the same reticence even from the Reserves Management who refuse the acknowledge that a Reserve can be promoted into a rank without having to train an individual to do every job that Rank might be expected to do - when we provably don't use the person to do that, even on mobilisation. The old "he must have experience parity" and "it's not fair" is utter nonsense but it keeps a strata of Regular zealots happy so the Policy will eventually see the Reserves off through retntion failure - of that I have no doubt.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Initiatives like this will always be criticised, and rarely be Beta tested just in case they happen to work out - or indeed will succeed because they are not allowed to fail.

FS is about the lowest pure junior management rank and FWIW it is possible to selectively slot someone into it with just a core service knowledge - sittting on your arse on successive regular seats year on year doesn't mean you're the better person to fill it, necessarily, and you can always remain mindful of the constraints of a limited experience individual as well as the immense talents they may bring to the game.

I see the same reticence even from the Reserves Management who refuse the acknowledge that a Reserve can be promoted into a rank without having to train an individual to do every job that Rank might be expected to do - when we provably don't use the person to do that, even on mobilisation. The old "he must have experience parity" and "it's not fair" is utter nonsense but it keeps a strata of Regular zealots happy so the Policy will eventually see the Reserves off through retntion failure - of that I have no doubt.

I think I understand where your coming from in relation to the reserves. However i have seen an individual accelerated promoted to SNCO as they were seen to have the necessary skills!!!!!!! That individual has now had to take a step back, as what they thought SNCO's did and what they actually do are two different things.

As regards to, DE FS/WO's OLDSTACKER has nailed all the points i would make.