• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Difference in rank and AFPS75 pay outs

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Thinking about how now with the McCloud judgement does anyone know the ballpark difference between Cpl and Sgt pension?

I know once you do 2 years in rank on AFPS75 you qualify for the "Next Level"

Any sort of rough numbers would be appreciated.

Also any news on the pension Calculator?

I've not used this years form 12 pension forecast either, don't want to shoot my load too early.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Probably around 3k after commuting, don’t forget that’s every year for the rest of your life with backdated index linked rises from age 55 onwards.

I wonder why they got rid.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Tax free as well isn't it?
I'd be cautious that it's tax free if your pension takes you into the tax threshold the taxman may will be interested.
Yes I know we paid tax on our salary when we earned it and it seems unfair to tax the money again but the heartless tax man has no soul.