• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diet advice with Fitness test in 5 days

B

BennoMc85

Morning all, so first if i have posted this in the wrong place i apologise.

My fitness test (Regiment Gunner) is on Friday, and i am well on course to complete the 25 press-ups, 35 sit-ups and 2.4k in 10:30s required to pass. Now this may seem a soft question for such a small test (but i am very anal about these things) what does everyone reccomend as a diet for this week.

I only ask as my test is at 9:30am and i am a bit concerned that i may be under prepared on the day in regards to correct nutrition, a feeling not helped yesterday when i went for 2.4k at 9:30, to get 7 mins in and feel like crap with nothing left to give (i managed to finish the run, but with the help of the support bar for about 1 minute).

My inention is to wake up at about 6am on Friday and just have a very light breakfast, probablly porridge, 2 rouns of brown bread with bertolli, and prob an apple and bannana, and then a bannana upon my arrival at the gym, but does anyone think i should be doing anything else throughout the course of this week?

Am off the gym in a minute, and then again tomorrow, which will be my last visit until the test itself (a very slight case of Burstitis in my left knee, is the reason for the rest), so i was just wondering what everyone else's view on this was, has anyone else been this anal or is it just me?

I would hate to think that the last 5 months at the gym have all be in vain, as i know i can complete the fitness test, and have been doing mock tests the last 4 weeks, passing all but once (prob about 9 attempts).

As normal, any advice and replies will be greatly appreciated. Maybe am just a bit stressed out over it all, plus my wife is due with our second child today, so am sure this is adding to the stress of the week :s

Thanks again

-Ben Mc-

E

enginesuck

Stay hydrated over the next few days, eat plenty of fibre and protein, the night before have a pasta based meal . On the morning of the test porridge and some brown toast with penut butter would be good, with a glass of OJ. That should see you right.

Vagabond

Sergeant
Plenty of fruit and veg. Lots of water.Keep on the porridge. Health shake or protein drink after the gym. Have healthy evening meals, Jkt spuds, salads ect.

Don't kick the arse out the training this week. Loads of rest and there's nothing wrong with a choccy bar and a bacon sarnie if you want one. your body will tell you what it needs. Get some pasta down you the night before the tests. (Old marathon trick). Have a couple of pints of guinness a couple of days before to calm the nerves and stop worrying. If you've been training hard you'll p1ss it, just give it 110%.

Only my opinion dude, from an ex-gunner. A fitness freak might be along soon to give a calorie vs protein breakdown. We used to complete those tests half cut from the night before so it's not too bad me old mucker.

Good luck.

Last edited:
G

gemarriott

Morning all, so first if i have posted this in the wrong place i apologise.

My fitness test (Regiment Gunner) is on Friday, and i am well on course to complete the 25 press-ups, 35 sit-ups and 2.4k in 10:30s required to pass. Now this may seem a soft question for such a small test (but i am very anal about these things) what does everyone reccomend as a diet for this week.

I only ask as my test is at 9:30am and i am a bit concerned that i may be under prepared on the day in regards to correct nutrition, a feeling not helped yesterday when i went for 2.4k at 9:30, to get 7 mins in and feel like crap with nothing left to give (i managed to finish the run, but with the help of the support bar for about 1 minute).

My inention is to wake up at about 6am on Friday and just have a very light breakfast, probablly porridge, 2 rouns of brown bread with bertolli, and prob an apple and bannana, and then a bannana upon my arrival at the gym, but does anyone think i should be doing anything else throughout the course of this week?

Am off the gym in a minute, and then again tomorrow, which will be my last visit until the test itself (a very slight case of Burstitis in my left knee, is the reason for the rest), so i was just wondering what everyone else's view on this was, has anyone else been this anal or is it just me?

I would hate to think that the last 5 months at the gym have all be in vain, as i know i can complete the fitness test, and have been doing mock tests the last 4 weeks, passing all but once (prob about 9 attempts).

As normal, any advice and replies will be greatly appreciated. Maybe am just a bit stressed out over it all, plus my wife is due with our second child today, so am sure this is adding to the stress of the week :s

Thanks again

-Ben Mc-

Pie and peas 3 times a day and 4 pints of guinness at lunch and a gallon of Stella each night. You might fail but nobody will notice as they'll all be gagging at the stench of your farts.

B

BennoMc85

Thanks for all the replies so far, and to anyone else who replies in the future. Amazingly enough, even with a case of burstitis i managed to run the 2.4k in my quickest time today, and hopefully fingers crossed will do it quicker tommorow. Could have ran it about 40s quicker then my best today as well (tried a new system out in the gym) but didnt fancy over doing it with Friday in mind :s

Feeling better about Friday already :)

B

BennoMc85

Test is tomorrow :s any last bits of advice? :)

Last edited:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Look at it like this. Get up, turn up, and do the very best that you can do.

Its not that hard, so there is every chance that you will simply cruise it.

If you don't, then you were not up to the real job in the physical sense and have have bigger things to worry about.

Either way - there is nothing to be won by even thinking about it now.

It will be the least bothersome bit about your selection and training, as you should hopefully find.

B

BennoMc85

Well you were all right, having found doing mock tests a bit tough, i am happy to report that my actual PJFT went like a breeze :) now just a 5 week wait till i can go down to PGSC and hopefully basic soon thereafter :)