• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DHE / OMQs question

J

JNo

Hey all,

Was wondering whether someone could clear up a number of Q's I have about whether I can get my hands on some cheap housing.

As I understand it I can move into an OMQ officially two weeks before I get hitched to her indoors, but have heard that I can move in "on my own" early.

Also heard (friend of friend) that if there are surplus quarters (which I know there are at my new base) the rules are a little different.

Any info would be gratefully received - can confess to have never paid any attention to anything regarding quarters (never happen to me etc etc etc).

Cheers
JNo

O

oldhamboy1967

Moving In Early

Moving In Early

Have a look at http://www.mod.uk/dhe/index.htm for DHE related gen. Also have a look at http://www.rafcom.co.uk/housing/index_housing.cfm

The SFA regs are on the Intranet and somewhere buried in there is a rule that says you can move in 10 days before I think. It means you can move stuff in before the big day which is what I did back in April.

I'm wracking my brains for the Intranet address, I'll drop you an e-mail if and when I find it!

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Here and pprune. Why don't you speak to the nice people in your DHE office I am sure they know what the rules are.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
I have just moved into my first MQ. You get the keys 2 weeks before your marriage date, this is purely to move furniture in and you are not to take up residence. But....... they told me I was paying for the quarter from the day I took the keys, so what they didnt know didnt hurt them, once you have the keys do what you want.

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

I never thought I would see the day when the RAF Police would encourage Officers to break the rules.
Shame on you Chip :eek:

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Can I quote you on that one next time you stop me for speeding at Cosford.
"No no no I didnt break the speed limit I just misshappened it"

Dear oh dear oh dear. How many faces? Just the two then.

Good to see you are human after all chip. ;)

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
You can try Cling :) I just dont see why I should be paying for a MQ but not allowed to live in it, pure beauracracy!

Speeding now thats a different matter! :D

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Rules is rules chip.
You took the decision to sign upto them. They are there for everybody to see, just like the signs that tell you the speed limit, but maybe not the sneaky copper hiding behind a tree with the radar gun. But then again thats why I have Road Angel. It helps me to break the rules aswell and not get caught.

I have said it before and I will say it again "I never thought I would see the day when the RAF Police would encourage Officers to break the rules".
Shame on you Chip.

Last edited:
T

Twonston Pickle

I agree with Chip; how can they charge you for an MQ and not let you use it? Let's see that stand up in court.

J

Jag Fag

chiprafp said:
I have just moved into my first MQ. You get the keys 2 weeks before your marriage date, this is purely to move furniture in and you are not to take up residence. But....... they told me I was paying for the quarter from the day I took the keys, so what they didnt know didnt hurt them, once you have the keys do what you want.

I'm with you chiprafp - when I moved into quarters a few years ago, My then fiance and I took up residence immediately. I'm paying for it so I'm using it. This happened pre-dhe so I don't know what the score is now but the RAF WO who marched me in seemed happy with this. When we moved out into our own home marching out was fun. The stroppy dhe cow told me to remove all the nails in the walls (apparently it made the redecoration more expensive) - I refused and relished in informing her that my contract was with the MOD and not DHE (waving the original paperwork at her). :)

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

chiprafp said:

Twonston. Chip decided to take the keys two weeks before his marriage date. He wasn't forced to take them and then refused permission to move in. It is the same as when you buy a property. You start paying when you get the keys. The point is that you only become eligable for Married quarters when you get married. If you decide to rent the property two weeks prior, because Annington Homes are happy to do this, to store your furniture in then that is your decision.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Cling someone moving into a MQ they are already paying for wont kill anyone whereas speeding will. Although its people like you that create jobsworth coppers who follow every rule to the T, then you will really have something to complain about!

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Its not the speed that kills someone. Its the bit where they smash their head on the windscreen. Anyway, you yourself said that you moved in despite being told you couldn't, amd now you are encouraging others to do the same. Despite the jobsworths at Annington Homes.
So now you are saying that not all rules are there to be followed? Which other rules do you allow others to break to stop you from being cosidered a jobsworth?
I have no complaints. "Road Angel" as I said stops me getting done for speeding. :D

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Ooh very touchy tonight chip. Just because someone has a differnet opinion to you does'nt make them a bad person. Yes it maybe pure Beauracracy but that is the agreement which you sign. This would not stand up in a court of law.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It's a fit up...

It's a fit up...

Be careful JNo. Chiprafp is just leading you on where upon he'll pop out from behind the DHE office and nick you. Obviously the Rozzers will do anything to get their productivity rates........But I'm sure Mr Blades would do a good Entrapment defense.... :D :D :D :D

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

So does that mean I can speed on camp then? I do anyway. :D