• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Demise of the TEA BAR MECH.

another great idea by sqn mangement:

"get rid of tea bar MECH so we can put him in stores to cover the stackers that have been removed due to lean."

HMMMM

nice.

oh, and we now have to provide and wash our own cups. and the tea bar is a S**T state too.

FFS
they said we'd get vending machines, 3 months later: NOTHING.

anyone else suffering?

L

Lil Miss Naughty

Why don't they employe a Civvi to work in the T-Bar? They are doing that at a Tornado sqn up north!!! Obviously they have money to waste!!!!

really?

which one?

bumduster/crusaders/reserveOCU?

we aint got the cash apparently. YAH RIGHT thats why they can pay £2000 for a hotel for 4 aircrew on a weekend jolly to iceland.

chimps

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
WindYerNeckIn said:
really?

which one?

bumduster/crusaders/reserveOCU?

we aint got the cash apparently. YAH RIGHT thats why they can pay £2000 for a hotel for 4 aircrew on a weekend jolly to iceland.

chimps

Crusaders AIRCREW t-bar is manned by a civvy.

Groundcrew t-bar is no longer manned and they have 1 vending machine...still up to someone to fill it up ...if their not all on leave/det/attachment to ARF/guard/EFF etc.....soon the civvy in tool stores will be on his own :pDT_Xtremez_09:

M

monobrow

WindYerNeckIn said:
another great idea by sqn mangement:

"get rid of tea bar MECH so we can put him in stores to cover the stackers that have been removed due to lean."

HMMMM

nice.

oh, and we now have to provide and wash our own cups. and the tea bar is a S**T state too.

FFS
they said we'd get vending machines, 3 months later: NOTHING.

anyone else suffering?

Similar ideas being played here on the bats. tea bar mech binned, now wash own cups OR duty trade does it when they have a chance. Now the guy who used to do teabar mech does tool stores!

But we did get vending machines in :D

Tashy_Man said:
Crusaders AIRCREW t-bar is manned by a civvy.

Groundcrew t-bar is no longer manned and they have 1 vending machine...still up to someone to fill it up ...if their not all on leave/det/attachment to ARF/guard/EFF etc.....soon the civvy in tool stores will be on his own :pDT_Xtremez_09:

aye right, thought the aircrew would get the cash for a civvy.

oh and apparently ARF is getting binned. all 6 slots filled in first week so sqns ended up doing 8 hour + rects on A/C WITHOUT the manpower (all at ARF)

LOL

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
WindYerNeckIn said:
aye right, thought the aircrew would get the cash for a civvy.

oh and apparently ARF is getting binned. all 6 slots filled in first week so sqns ended up doing 8 hour + rects on A/C WITHOUT the manpower (all at ARF)

LOL

ARF being binned would be SOOOOOOO funny....how many manhours have they wasted on setting this white elephant up ? I can't believe they won't fudge it along for another month or two and then come up with another wonderfull solution.....how about each sqn does it's own rects AND has the manpower to do it....now theres a novel idea ! :pDT_Xtremez_09:

Tashy_Man said:
ARF being binned would be SOOOOOOO funny....how many manhours have they wasted on setting this white elephant up ? I can't believe they won't fudge it along for another month or two and then come up with another wonderfull solution.....how about each sqn does it's own rects AND has the manpower to do it....now theres a novel idea ! :pDT_Xtremez_09:

YES!!! promote the man!

seriously itll take OC eng to come up with another crap idea to maintain jets, get his groupy, and leave us lot to clear up the mess.

having the work and manpower back would be ace tho!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There is one advantage to this demise and subsequent replacement with vending machines....

I don't think the duty T-bar bod would be too happy with me shaking the crap out of him at 0300 ish in an attempt to get free choccy out.....:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
WindYerNeckIn said:
ARF is getting binned. all 6 slots filled in first week so sqns ended up doing 8 hour + rects on A/C WITHOUT the manpower (all at ARF)

So for the non/ex tonka guts out here, what is ARF?

Get Tae said:
So for the non/ex tonka guts out here, what is ARF?

Aircraft Rectifaction Flight

each sqn 'donates' 59 engineers (over half m/power at current levels)

and any job over 8 hours goes in to them

except they only got 6 slots, and 30 aircraft to cover. Hence first week, 6 jets went in, and all other sqns who tried to send in other A/C had to do the work themselves.

Cnuts

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
WindYerNeckIn said:

except they only got 6 slots, and 30 aircraft to cover. Hence first week, 6 jets went in, and all other sqns who tried to send in other A/C had to do the work themselves.

Cnuts

What about a great idea I just had, get a load of guys in a hangar right, get them to do heavy rects on the jets, I dont know something like a heavy rects team and maybe do minors and primarys, they could call it Aircraft Maint Flight or something like that, what you think?????

yeah!!!

and maybe get a load of lads working on a line, maybe called 'line teams' and call the sqn ; erm perhaps 'line sqn' and get them to see off jets and do minor rects.

can I have my group captain now please? LOL

getting worse isnt it?

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Get Tae said:
What about a great idea I just had, get a load of guys in a hangar right, get them to do heavy rects on the jets, I dont know something like a heavy rects team and maybe do minors and primarys, they could call it Aircraft Maint Flight or something like that, what you think?????

We have one but they couldn't call it AMF anymore so had to change to FAM....

3 letters rearranged differently...cost loads to change stuff..just to do the same job as before........madness:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
WindYerNeckIn said:
can I have my group captain now please? LOL

Mate I would promote you 2morrow, you must be able to do a better job and you could retire on full pay if you like when you are finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E

Edzar

ARF Cynicism

ARF Cynicism

WindYerNeckIn said:

Cnuts
Seems to be a lot of bitching over this ARF stuff....

A few facts - each of 3 Sqns supplied 21 techies, to cover 3 shifts
These are on permanent manning Mon start work til Fri cease work around the clock.
First few ac in had work done within 36 hours....work which in the past, took a normal Sqn a minimum of 5 days to complete!
The benefits will be seen once its been running a while and when no dets on.

Last edited:

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
Edzar said:
Seems to be a lot of bitching over this ARF stuff....

A few facts - each of 3 Sqns supplied 21 techies, to cover 3 shifts
These are on permanent manning Mon start work til Fri cease work around the clock.
First few ac in had work done within 36 hours....work which in the past, took a normal Sqn a minimum of 5 days to complete!
The benefits will be seen once its been running a while and when no dets on.

I take it this is run in 4 shed? Is it 4 off each trade and a rects controller?

E

Edzar

Re: ARF

Re: ARF

Often best to have some facts b4 the bitching starts!