• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Deliberately failing drugs test

C

Chuffybum

According to a new report some squadies are deliberately taking drugs just so they can fail the random drugs test so that they don't have to go to Iraq or Afghanistan.
http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm...objectid=18703663&siteid=64736-name_page.html

What a load of old b******s. The tests are totally random and no one, not even a Stn Cdr/OC a Regiment knows when team are planning to arrive. Just another c**p excuse for dumb squadies taking drugs....Ahhh, I know lets blame it on the Iraq war shall we?

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
'Random' is open to debate. I have a feeling that if enough calls are made to the confidential drugs hotline regarding individuals at certain units, the CDT team just might randomly turn up at said unit and randomly test said individuals. Just my opinion.....

C

Chuffybum

'Random' is open to debate. I have a feeling that if enough calls are made to the confidential drugs hotline regarding individuals at certain units, the CDT team just might randomly turn up at said unit and randomly test said individuals. Just my opinion.....

Well that's true enough, never thought about that. Even so, I think its highly unlikely that the increase in drug abuse in the army is connected with guys trying to be dismissed cos they don'y want to go to Iraq. After all, as the General stated, their discharge papers would show that they were dismissed for drug abuse. Can these guys afford to take the chance that any future employer won't find out.

Q from future employer - I see you've just left the army, why is that?

A from ex-army drugee - ermmmmmm

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Well that's true enough, never thought about that. Even so, I think its highly unlikely that the increase in drug abuse in the army is connected with guys trying to be dismissed cos they don'y want to go to Iraq. After all, as the General stated, their discharge papers would show that they were dismissed for drug abuse. Can these guys afford to take the chance that any future employer won't find out.

Q from future employer - I see you've just left the army, why is that?

A from ex-army drugee - ermmmmmm

I can see a problem with that though...the youngsters of today DONT think that deep...it's all about now, not 10 mins down the road......

Crack on.............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

C

Chuffybum

I can see a problem with that though...the youngsters of today DONT think that deep...it's all about now, not 10 mins down the road......

Well TM, you could be right there as well. I just find it hard to believe. In my opinion, the main reason these guys are taking drugs is cos they're knobs.

G

gemarriott

Lets be honest when I was a youngster I looked no further than the next beer. Same mentality different stimulant.

The difference between now and then is that we knew the difference between right and wrong and how to enjoy ourselves without making life unpleasant for others.

End of sermon

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think the Army has a bit more of a tolerance and and emphasis on ''reeducation' for drug abuse than the other 2 services.

Remember, some (not all I might add) of these lads (and lasses) have joined the army from very deprived areas. A quick look on married patch at Pirbright and you will now what I mean!!!!!

squipper

Corporal
There is the early intervention system whereby the CO has the authority to send the individual off on a rehab/re-education programme dependent on the class of drug detected and age or service exprience of the individual. As the barmy are so short of personnel this system is being used more and more on personnel who are caught outwith the CDT Programme. If you are caught during CDT there is a different set of rules as far as I am aware!!!!

M

mixmastermike

Well TM, you could be right there as well. I just find it hard to believe. In my opinion, the main reason these guys are taking drugs is cos they're knobs.

Think its a bit harsh to label all the drug takers "knobs", when it seems perfectly acceptable to have the amount of people we do on "legal drugs" within the air force. I'm talking about all the downgraded personnel on antidepressants, which are essentially no different than ecstacy, except you'll get discharged for the latter.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thats a bit different to a squaddy using a GPMG during a particularly bad LSD trip though isn't it?????

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Pardon my ignorance but what has a certain American bush war go to do with my earlier statement?

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Think its a bit harsh to label all the drug takers "knobs", when it seems perfectly acceptable to have the amount of people we do on "legal drugs" within the air force. I'm talking about all the downgraded personnel on antidepressants, which are essentially no different than ecstacy, except you'll get discharged for the latter.

There is an easy was to describe them........Doctor prescribes drugs...he is a patient.......if he get his drugs elswhere he is a knob AND SHOULD BE KICKED OUT WITH FULL PUBLICITY

Crack on...............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
People still take it. Like I said, the consequences of any service personnel taking illegal drugs doesn't bear thinking about.

M

mixmastermike

There is an easy was to describe them........Doctor prescribes drugs...he is a patient.......if he get his drugs elswhere he is a knob AND SHOULD BE KICKED OUT WITH FULL PUBLICITY

Crack on...............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

User sources his own drugs...

or...

Patient lies to doctor to get similar drugs the user cannot source by himself on "the street"

either way - similar drugs both obtained illegitimately

M

mixmastermike

I agree, anyone taking drugs on duty are a serious liability

kerrang

LAC
Yet on detachment its ok for the groundcrew to come into work at 6am after falling out of a bar at 4am is it? And then strapping in gro-bags who scabbed a lift back with them in the taxi?

Last edited:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its not condoned as far as I am aware. Yes we all know it goes on, christ if there was any groundcrew in RAFG that didn't go to work steaming then I bet they would have been villified!

Incidentally, if I ever turn up to work worse for wear, I go and hide somewere (usually the drying room) and have a nice sleep. I wouldn't think about working on jets hanging out my arse.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Yet on detachment its ok for the groundcrew to come into work at 6am after falling out of a bar at 4am is it? And then strapping in gro-bags who scabbed a lift back with them in the taxi?

No, No, and No.......crack on.........(he says with a stella in hand)......:pDT_Xtremez_09: