• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Decent pay rise in 2007?

With all the latest publicity surrounding us in the military world at present, and bearing in mind that just about every public sector unit has been rewarded with large pay rises in recent years (MP's 40%, Firemen 14%, Police/Doctors & Nurses) anyone think it's about time for us to have a turn?
Just thinking aloud as the subject of service pay has cropped up a lot recently. Wondering if the bean counters might divert some of the £80 million spent on the rather fruitless recruiting campaign into a decent wage to retain the already qualified? (I believe the ball-park figures were 12000 recruited and 14000 departures across all three services, but i stand to be corrected)
:pDT_Xtremez_42:
Any thoughts?

T

tonibaloni

I find it distressing that only the Army and Navy are getting all the attention, doesnt bode well for us, what are our "commanders" doing? hiding behind the settee?
over Christmas the BBC interviewed some medical people in IRAQ, the team were all in deserts, RAF flash in full view, as were the Royal AIr Force tag line and blue rank badges. the guy in charge was introduced as Sqn Ldr....
the red bar at the bottom of the screen said

Sqn Ldr .......
BRITISH ARMY

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
and some people want us to surrender our blues for CS95?
FFS!

chiefy

Corporal
Believe me just keep your head down, it's no fun being in the media at the moment: RN Manpower to be reduced to 20000 by 2010! and Half the Fleet to be mothballed, Dockyard Review(One of the remaining two is probably to be closed) are not nice headlines to have to read.

As for a decent payrise in 2007, did we have a coup that I misssed?

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
I'm sure any pay rise we get, no matter how derisory, will be off set by increases in the other deductions a lot of us incur (quarters, living in, food, etc).

The Navy certainly are getting the attention if the Torygraph is to believed with half the fleet mothballed and another dockyard to close.

Why? To save 250 Millions. I seriously doubt that we will get anything other than inflation if that grasping gurning jock tw@t Broon has a say given he is trying to slash the defence budget again. And all the accomodation improvements, tax bonuses and civvy AT hiring about to be or already announced by the knee jerk labour party will have to be funded from somewhere.

I am sure the chardonnay supping chatterati will get the money for Tarquins latest initiative to bring ballet to inner city schools.

The military covenant has been broken so why worry about it anymore? They will just sound bite their lying asses out of any sticky political problem and rely on the can do of the average Brit Serviceman.

It stinks and if there were a credible opposition they would get my vote in a heartbeat.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I'll put a mouldy mince pie on we'll get the standard 3% and the rest we 'would have got' (In inverted comma's so fcuking big they're leaning against the house outside) is going to be spent on upgrading the sh1te we're forced to live in.

Good to see the BBC highlighting the MQ at Brize on the TV last night and well done to those people who let them in to see the state of them.

chiefy

Corporal
Which ones are on the cards?

To be honest I have no idea but if you believe the rumours it's to be Portsmouth...................which doesn't bode well for the chances of getting two nice big shiny Aircraft carriers................or the Aircraft which are supposed to be attached to them!

I think the chances of the RAF getting a decent airlift capability are diminishing too having read an article in the Tory graph this week with the MOD justifying their rental of Civvy airliners as cost effective!

It has all gone pear shaped but we could probably make up a decent Defence Farce if we pull together!!!!!!!!!!

FOMz

Warrant Officer
At this rate, the Falkland Islands Defence Force will be better equiped than us and give us a chinning.

H

HansBwix

book's open for 2.8-3% for most and 3.3-3.5% for the privates/LACs/naval equivalent. Does anybody else find it strange that the ranks above 1* don't have their salaries published in the AFPRB report? I know they get paid according to their post but it would be interesting to see haow much their starships drain from the defence vote in toto. probably enough for everybody to get at least their light fittings fixed (sorry, different thread!)

And wait for next year's review of the X-Factor. ....Right, that's it, I'm off to the Armed Forces Federation (who?) and I'm going to call a bl**dy strike!

Let the Firemen do our bl**dy jobs for a change!

E

enginesuck

Im not holding my breath, but it would be nice....

With the paltry rises we have had over the last few years im actually worse of than i was when i moved into my quarter three years ago. (marking time on JT level 9) Rent has gone up, CILOT has gone up and Utilities have Doubled, so yes i would like a pay rise to cover at least that.....

If we do get a decent pay rise, just watch the feckers take it back off us in higher MQ and barrack charges !!!

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I reckon we're in for 10%.

I'm banking on it as I've already spent the pay rise on my huge fcuking mortgage! :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
book's open for 2.8-3% for most and 3.3-3.5% for the privates/LACs/naval equivalent. Does anybody else find it strange that the ranks above 1* don't have their salaries published in the AFPRB report? I know they get paid according to their post but it would be interesting to see haow much their starships drain from the defence vote in toto. probably enough for everybody to get at least their light fittings fixed (sorry, different thread!)

And wait for next year's review of the X-Factor. ....Right, that's it, I'm off to the Armed Forces Federation (who?) and I'm going to call a bl**dy strike!

Let the Firemen do our bl**dy jobs for a change!

Starship's wages?...just take a peek at AP3392 Vol 2 Chap 18 leaflet 1805 Annex A:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Last edited:

chiefy

Corporal
book's open for 2.8-3% for most and 3.3-3.5% for the privates/LACs/naval equivalent. Does anybody else find it strange that the ranks above 1* don't have their salaries published in the AFPRB report?

AHHHH you must be referring to the Senior Salaries Pay review which sets performance related pay guidelines for Senior Officers and Civil Servants......................did you note the Performance Related I 5hit you not!! What performance targets are they performing against? Well it turns out to be very difficult to find out but they are often budget related, surprise, surprise!

denthemen

CAMRA Researcher
The way JPA has paid me since it come in, I'll probably get even less in April than I do now.....:pDT_Xtremez_08:

F

Fablon biff chit

The pay rise in 1990 was 16%, was it not? Has that ever been matched, or bettered?

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
A 16% rise would put everybody above CPL level 6 (high) in to the higher tax bracket !!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

That would give us something else to moan about....:pDT_Xtremez_35:

chiefy

Corporal
A 16% rise would put everybody above CPL level 6 (high) in to the higher tax bracket !!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hmmmmmmm! but it wouldn't even put a level 3 infantryman into the same pay bracket as a supermarket shelf stacker!