• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dave Murray Armourer R.I.P.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It is with great sadness that I report the passing of Dave Murray ex C/T plumber on the 31/01/07. Long retired from the Air Force Dave was a civvy instructor at Cosford. He had served this country in places now long barely remembered by us youngsters such as the Aden protectorate (now the Yemen). Dave had a fund of humorous stories none of which started with "When I". He had an fond memories of Lightenings and Binbrook, drunken armourer nights down the Gut in Malta whilst at Luqa and many more. If you left Cosford in the last ten years or so and where awarded a solid brass or chrome aircraft as a top troop from your course then that was crafted by Dave in his spare time. He was a damn good mate and member of the mess "vintage pair". To steal Gemarroit's line Dave was both an armourer and gentleman.

RIP mate.

G

gemarriott

I can second all that, Dave was an Armourer and a gentleman but above all an example of what was good in the RAF.

RIP old mate.

Icycalm

SAC
=(

=(

RIP Dave

Your in good hands.

SAINTB01.JPG

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Dave Murray Armourer R.I.P

Dave Murray Armourer R.I.P

As a member of the "vintage pair" Dave was a well known personality at Cosford, espically in the Sgt's Mess where he regailed us with many a fine story. Big G has gained a absolute gentleman and all round good egg. RIP mate.