• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dangerous school ties

R

referee806

FFS A manchester school wants to ban traditional knotted ties in favour of clip on's because of the safety risk.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6465695.stm

WTF Interfering nanny state muppets.

:pDT_Xtremez_30: Dead chuffed now first ever linky thing:pDT_Xtremez_28: Not bad for an IT luddite

Next thing they will ban pens/pencils/bags/rulers/compasses etc, in case they get hurt whilst using any of them.

God this Country is going down the pan..................FFS::p:

M

mad_mo

"We also feel it is smarter because older children will not wear the ties in a casual way. This is in line with places like Marks and Spencer, the police and the armed forces."

I'd go along with that comment rather than a health & saftey issue.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
"We also feel it is smarter because older children will not wear the ties in a casual way. This is in line with places like Marks and Spencer, the police and the armed forces."
I'd go along with that comment rather than a health & saftey issue.

Yes it may make the scruffy oiks look better and avoid the over large knot and short tie look favoured by some but in line with the armed forces -clip on's. I have known a few coppers over the years who wear clip on's but to my knowledge it's not universal across the forces.

:pDT_Xtremez_06: Clip on's or traditional NO I am not going to start a poll.:pDT_Xtremez_06:

P

Pyro Maniac

I think its a good idea to ban them. For one it means that a ties will be 'Uniform' in appearance and it will stop the school bullys being able to use them as weapons.

I seem to remember a couple of cases in the 80s - 90s where kids were found hanging by their ties.

P

POB

Clip-ons for Coppers is all about H&S...Getting into a fight etc...Means they can't get strangled.

M

MoggyCattermole

I think its a good idea to ban them. For one it means that a ties will be 'Uniform' in appearance and it will stop the school bullys being able to use them as weapons.

I seem to remember a couple of cases in the 80s - 90s where kids were found hanging by their ties.

Utter Twaddle.

A LOT more people die in car/plane/train/motorcycle/choking on cabbage leaves/bungee jumping/parachuting/rugby/football etc related accidents .. would you consider banning them ??

This is a society now that is turning our kids into the biggest bunch of softies ever .. its embarassing. You cant have Winners and Losers as it undermines them .. Language exams too hard ??, well we had better make them easier in case the little darlings actually have to work harder.

I have 12 year old daughter and she is the same, and it makes me think back to my teens, I had three paper rounds and I managed to pass all my exams (O-Grades, you know, the ones you actually had to study for) and I was out in all weather's every morning and most evenings after school.

And maybe its just my evil gene coming out but I can think of a few places to hang a clip on tie to inflict pain. I speak from experience in school that the best way to discourage bullying is a good kick in the nads to the person attempting it.

Grow Up Britian.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
In fairness, my kids' primary school wear polo shirts monogrammed with the school crest, which is both comfortable and looks smart enough.

How long before some kid gets his eye taken out by the clip from one of these "safe" ties being swung around?

The best thing about school ties when I was a kid was that the headmaster (not the sharpest tool in the box) decreed that any pupil coming to school without a tie would be sent home to get it. That ended after about a week when he realised there were no kids in lessons before 10. Brilliant!

S

scaleywife

My Sister-in-law is a spec ed assistant in a school in Staffrodshire which has banned.......

Daisy picking for the risk of Toxoplasmosis from the soil....

WTF?!

D

DrunkenMonki

They should consider banning shoes at school, wear flip flops instead. That way kids cant have their heads kicked in by school bullies!

R

rodger-dodger

Dangerous ties

Dangerous ties

Am I alone here?

the Tie is not the dangerous one here, it is the the doufous's that swing eachother around by them.::/:

Schools/government etc should be concentrating on the munters that can't seem to get through a day without disrupting, bullying or just generaly being a pain in the ricker.

bring back the cane/ruler/gallows:raf:

M

MoggyCattermole

My Sister-in-law is a spec ed assistant in a school in Staffrodshire which has banned.......

Daisy picking for the risk of Toxoplasmosis from the soil....

WTF?!

Wow .. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

I have seen it all now !!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Am I alone here? the Tie is not the dangerous one here, it is the the doufous's that swing eachother around by them.::/:

Schools/government etc should be concentrating on the munters that can't seem to get through a day without disrupting, bullying or just generaly being a pain in the ricker. bring back the cane/ruler/gallows:raf:

No your not alone and you are correct the tie is not dangerous its the fcukwits who mess about. I think far to many people in the education system are terrified of being sued by junior pikey's mum for some trumped up reason or other.

:pDT_Xtremez_14: May I suggest an addition or two to your "bring back" list birch/stocks. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

S

scaleywife

Off Topic I would probably too if I wasn't sat here shivering... no Heating on the coldest day in March typical RAF!!Off Topic

Also, my son got bawled out at school for throwing a snowball a couple of years ago. TBF it was at the headmistress' head..... my we larfed!!

The Future Of The Asylum

The Future Of The Asylum

Let's look to the future here.

Once they've got rid of all forms of ties they will need to get rid of the next item bullies will use instead. There goes belts then!

Oh and socks (remember the educational film Scum).

While we're in that area we may as well get rid of shoe laces.

So hawaiian shirts and flip flops it is then!

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber